However, despite my progress, I still came up short. There were huge chunks of results missing, tasks left undone, or half-done. There were quite a few things I hoped to have accomplished by now, but for some reason or another (which most likely included, laziness, procrastination and not consulting the plan or utilizing all the tools I set up, and I expect, so much more), have not been able to do so.
To look back upon; view retrospectively.
To write or give a critical report on (a new work or performance)
To look over, study, or examine again.
- Understand our plan is definitely in line with God's will for us
- Understand if our initial plan was over-ambitious (un-achievable)
- Find out what mistakes we have made so far
- Re-asses ways and means to avoid these mistakes (and many more) going forward.
- Further understand the resources and support we might require to help us achieve our goals and dreams
- Seek God's wisdom to further understand our purpose this year.
- Revise the plans to reflect all the lessons we have learnt so far, improve it with renewed wisdom and understanding from God, in readiness for absolute success, as we make our way through the year.
- Visualising how far forward God has brought us from the month of January. To the natural eye, it might seem we have not progressed much. However, when we take a closer look, we might realise that we have covered a bit more ground than initially thought.
- How we are maturing, continuously in the spirit; how we are being reformed to be like master Jesus.
- Having the opportunity to congratulate ourselves (we rarely do this, rather we beat ourselves up for not doing as much as we should have - pointing finger to self) on how much we have accomplished to date.
- The opportunity to challenge ourselves, and make a decision to work harder, better and much smarter, all for God's glory.
Proverbs 24: 3-4 reads "3Through skillful and godly Wisdom is a house (a life, a home, a family) built, and by understanding it is established [on a sound and good foundation], 4And by knowledge shall its chambers [of every area] be filled with all precious and pleasant riches."
So, have you worked and walked in tune to the plan you mapped out at the beginning of the year, in line with God's will? If so, I commend you. Well done. I encourage you to kindly share any tips that might help others.
Have you, like me, found out that you have progressed, but still, way off the mark? I commend you and say well done also. However, a review will help bring to light, the reasons for coming short; what went wrong and where the loopholes and stumbling blocks are; and with God's help, through his wisdom, implement steps to re-aligning and re-implement an improved plan to move forward with.
And finally, have you walked in the opposite direction of your plan, of the dreams God has laid within your heart? If so, DO NOT DESPAIR. The very fact that you created a plan, at the onset, is something to encourage and commend yourself for. Take that same plan and see if it fits into God's plan for you this year. If it does, ask God to show you where and how to start following the plan and sticking to it.
If you however, find that the plan you have is not in line with God's will for you, again, ask Him to help you put one together. A plan that reflects his will for you, and ask him to give you the strength wisdom and focus to see it through. He is a faithful God and He is waiting and willing to help. He will not rebuke you for asking help as we are encouraged in James 1:5, which reads "If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking."
On that note, here is me wishing us all happy review sesssions (no matter how painful), continous progression throughout the year, in God's strength, wisdom, victory, grace and favour.
I encourage us all to keep doing that which God has set out for us to do this year, one step and day at a time; making Him famous along our way.
***Pictures by photobucket***