Friday 25 September 2009

JOYFULL, THANKFULL and PRAISEFULL


Come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully
to the Rock of our salvation.Let us come to him with thanksgiving.
Let us sing psalms of praise to him.For the Lord is a great God,
a great King above all gods
.
Psalm 95: 1- 3


It is easy to live everyday through the eyes of negativity; never seeing the good in anything, nor having the reason or need to be thankful. It is easy to look at certain milestones in life from the view point of “half empty” as opposed to “half full”. However, the bible tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 to “Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus”.


Thankful is defined as: the feeling or expression of gratitude. It means to be appreciative
To be expressive means to: put thoughts into words and actions
To show gratitude means to: display the quality of being grateful and thankful
To be appreciative means to: show clear insight, intuition and knowledge. For example, to show insight and knowledge of the reasons and ramifications of being thankful.

Today, many years ago, the Almighty God blessed my wonderful parents with my very presence in their lives! My very name explains what my manifestation in their lives meant and still means to them. Remi (short version for Oluwaremilekun - yes I know, quite long huh?) means “The Lord has relieved me of my tears”. Now how awesome is that! I am glad I was and am and pray I continue to be this for my parents and everyone I come across by God's grace and power! Amen.

Today, I am thankful to God for choosing them as my parents. It probably has not been an easy task being parents to an “ultra inquisitive, bossy and super-hyper-active child ( I can just see my friends agreeing with this one! lol), but by God’s grace, they have done a good job. (*smile*) Thank you papa & mama.

I am thankful to you Almighty God for the very essence of LIFE I have found in you. I will have it no other way. From my last birthday to this one, what you have done and how far forward you have brought me in the knowledge and understanding of who you are, is truly awesome.

It is a testimony that, if we continuously seek you, we will find and know you! Yes, sometimes it does feel like I might be on the ‘slowest train to Georgia’, but to wait on you, is to see your perfect promises in my life established, fulfilled and manifested the way you have ordained them to be, giving you the glory. I am giddy with excitement for the next phase!

In my thankfulness I remember the song I was taught as a child, it goes like this:

Count your blessings, name them one by one
Count your blessings and see what God has done
Count your blessings, name them one by one
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done
.


So yes, today, as I count my blessings, my wonderful father, saviour, my king, the lifter of my head, my redeemer, my best friend, my one and only father, my one and only God; from the bottom of my heart and depths of my soul, Papa, I say THANK YOU for LIFE and for EVERYTHING!

  • I thank you because you have shown and keep showing me the beauty of who you are.
  • I thank you because you have indeed picked me up and turned me completely around, and placed my feet on solid, immovable ground!
  • I thank you because you have thought me to put my trust, hope and faith in you and in so doing you have made me like mount Zion; even in times of terrible tribulations!
  • I thank you because you have made me wiser in you.
  • I thank you that 'HE' is finally here. Thank you for the work you did and are doing with and through Him. Your gifts to your children are really 'second to none'. He is perfect in shape, form and growing in spirit. Thank you!!!**smile***
  • I thank you because I can testify; that “I have seen that you don’t do good, but that you ARE good!

As I celebrate today, I declare that no one, and nothing, not now or ever, will share your glory in my life. You, I continue to crown as my God and king.

In my thanksgiving like David the Psalmist, I will sing and dance with ALL my MIGHT (my spirit, soul, heart, mind and body) for your very pleasure, for your glory.



KABIYESI MODUPE

Eyes fluttering open to
the rising of the sun, my
soul leaps with joy in realisation
that it has been gifted with a new day

Last night, numerous souls lay down to sleep
The beauty of this morning’s light, they are no more to see
Yet, once again, my faithful
Baba has kept me safe
Oba awon oba, has been good to me

'Kabiyesi modupe o'
I thank you for the
beauty of a new dawn


'Ore ti baba se ninu aye me
O jo mi loju, Oya mi lenu
Baba olore, Ope lo ye o
Halleluja meta ko kpo rara
Halleluja maje ko kpa poju'


Full dance now in swing, face heavenwards
my grateful soul rejoices and sings...

'Baba mi, Osuba re re o
Oba taori, tan'rise owo re
Olorun le o ma je,
Èsé o, modupe, mojuba o
Eledami modupe'


May your Kingdom come
and your will be done today
From the rising of the sun
till the going down of the same

May I live forever to declare
your majesty and praise the
essence and beauty of
your powerful and Holy name.

Much Love
Remi

***Pictures by Photobucket***



Translation - words in BOLD :

Kabiyesi Modupe: My king I am thankful
'Oba awon oba': The king of kings
Baba: Father
Osuba re re o: I worship you Lord
Èsé o – Thank you
Oba taori, tan'rise owo re: The God that we don’t see physically, but see the work of His hands
Olorun le o ma je: You will always be God
Hallelujah meta o to rara: To sing Hallelujah three time is not enough at all
Haleluja meje o kpa poju: To sing Hallelujah seven times, however is not too much
Ore ti baba se: The good that God has done
O jo mi loju: Surprises me
Oya mi lenu: Amazes me
Ninu aye mi: In my life

29 Comments:

Straight from the heart said...

Thanks, thanks I give you thanks for all you've done, I am so blessed, my soul is at rest, O Lord I give you thanks

Anonymous said...

wow....

Anonymous said...

I thank God for another year added to my friend's life. Another year that she has prayed on behalf of her friends, another year that she has praised God and his wonderful works, another year that she has sang to His glory, another year that she has grown in her relationship with her Father in heaven. Give her peace in her heart, give her the right words at the right time, give her happiness, give her strength during hard times, and in the name of your son Jesus, keep her safe.

Kemster

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Sis and many happy returns. Lots of love from your brother oh... xxxxxxxxxx

Lizzy said...

Happy Birthday Champion - Champions r born in September. May God give you 10x10x10... testimonies by this time next year. I have been blesed knowing you. Have a wonderful day adn make it great. x

Felicia & Ayoyemi said...

Wish you a happy Birthday. Thank God for making you a person worthy of being Celebrated daily. Very proud of what God is doing through you. This new year will be a season of greatness where your God given Dreams will be brough to life. Have a great day and a pleasant year.

Shola said...

Hey Rems
H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y. May the Lord continue to increase you more and more. Enjoy your day. x

TinuOluwa said...

A very Happy Birthday to you - the Princess of the Most High. It's a new year, a new season. May the Lord keep and bless you, may His face continue to shine upon you. Have a wonderful, splendid and fantastic happy birthday. Love u

Stephany said...

Good morning beautiful. Haapppy birthdaaaaaaaaay! We thank God Almighty for you and for giving us such a special treasure. May your days be filled with joy, peace, laughter and most of all the amazing love of family, friends and our mind blowingly amazing God. Have a fab day! xxx

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday to one of my bestest and dearest friends!! Have a great day and year ahead filled with more of God's love and blessings. Lots of love.

Ben said...

Have a glorious day as u celebrate year. How are you now, 16?

M Oluleye & Family said...

Happy Birthday to you. As your day is, so shall your strength be. May the Lord increase you more and more in every areas of life with many things that are good and perfect. Your good heart desires, the Lord will fulfil for you. The Lord will cause you to have tremendous favour with the person that will be your husband. As you express Godly love to me and everyone, you will be blessed of the same and much more in Jesus name. Amen I love you and appreciate your personality as well as your gifting. Remain blessed. xxx

Mark A. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!!

DR Folake said...

Happy Birthday Girl. God bless xx

Aimee said...

God is still in control and He has the very best for you, so keep smiling - Happy Birthday! x

Paul Doree said...

Hi Remi

Many thanks for the adayingodswill email … it’s brilliant. It’s also your birthday today so have a great day and may this new year be the very best you’ve ever had! Praise the Lord!

Abi said...

Let's set the scene.

I am standing up. I cough to clear my throat. I practice, first the c note then high note so I can reach the desired range.

Are you ready?

Here goes....

Happy birthday to you. Sorry! I'm starting again! didn't quite like the sound of that you.

Here goes......

Happy birthday to youuuuuu..
Happy birthday to youuuuu...
Happy birthday to youuuu Remiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.. (trying not to cough)

Happy birthday to youuuuuu...


"Your wishes will be granted in Jesus name"

Beth in NC said...

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog Remi (and for your prayers).

Amen, we are a blessed people and have a lot to be thankful for.

Blessings!
Beth

Florence & Ian said...

Happy Birthday Remi,

May the Lord keep and bless you all the days of your life, may he satisfy you with divine heath and long life.

Remi, you are a blessing.

Have a wonderful day, and hey the best is yet to come.

Love you.

Blogoratti said...

You are filled with so much positive energy,i marvel everytime i read your posts.
Here's wishing you more bliss and wisdom for today and always.
Happy Birthday dear!

Moses said...

Dear Remi,

I wish you Happy Birthday.

"I pray that God give you lasting joy to fill your heart, growing faith to follow your dreams and deep wisdom to guide your decisions and the light of His love to shine on you now and forever more".

Because of your simplicity, humbleness and obedience towards the things of the Lord, May He grants you peace, meets all your needs and bless you more and more. All that you put your hand into will prosper and be fruitful, in Jesus Name.

In due season we will celebrate with you, because of your testimony and God will be glorify.

Please read Isaiah 43:5-7, 43:15, 44:2, 44:21, 44:23 and 45:4.

Best Wishes and Many Happy returns of the day to you.

olusimeon said...

awww....happy birthday !!!..
i really feel this post o...
and I'm hapi with you.. :)
wow.. !!!

Anonymous said...

there is great reason to celebrate.... thank god for another year.... and for you!!!

have a glorious newyear

King's kid

Writefreak said...

Happy birthday in arrears...the Lord is indeed good and His mercies leave me speechless!
Thank God He is finally here too.. :-)

David C Brown said...

You have another 364 days of blessings to count till your next birthday - if the Lord will and we should live!

Rita said...

Happy Birthday in arrears. May HIS praise continually be on your lips. God bless you. You are indeed a blessing to this world.

Daveda said...

What a nice post :) May God Bless you!

Jennifer A. said...

You've been such a tremendous blessing to myself and lots of others who consistently read your blog.

My prayer for your birthday is that God will grant you increase in wisdom, beauty, health, and every other good thing. May you be like one of the symbolic 5 virgins ~ ready at all times.

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Hello lovely people,

I would like to say a big, big, BIG thank you for all your birthday wishes and prayers. As you have celebrated me from all corners of the world, I pray that people will celebrate you too. I pray that you will never lack friendship, love, joy and peace that comes from having loved ones around you.

I had a wonderful day, and the best give of all was that God gave me “awesome joy” for my birthday, which started a whole 24 hours before, and has not stopped. Now the amazing thing is that is not even 10% of the entirety of the joy that I will still experience in God. Isn’t He just awesome? He indeed is a good God…! I can testify and I will testify to that fact...! And like David C Brown has said... “I have another 365 days to count my blessings” and I will be doing just that by Gods, grace, will and Almighty power! Amen... Thank you everyone... I love you all and A Day in God’s will loves you too. Much love xx