Thursday 15 April 2010

God's Schedule --- Same As Yours?



"you saw my body as it was formed.
All the days planned for me
were written in your book
before I was one day old"
Psalm 139:16 (NCV)


Yesterday was our local area prayer meeting gathering, and it was awesome. God is good and a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him. We spoke and prayed about the need to always check our standing in God's will, to make sure we have not deviated off track and gone our own way.

During the discussion, a couple of individuals asked questions around what to do when God is silent and what to do when we have desires that we seem to be praying about over and over again, but nothing seems to be happening - well that we cannot see. This inspired me to put this post up.

Sometimes when we think or feel that things are not going the way we planned (that is our prayers are seemingly going unanswered), we start to fret. We have prayed, even embarked on a 3, 7, 21 or 30 day dry fast and still no outcome. At this point in time it might feel like God has completely abandoned us. However, I would like to suggest that maybe, just maybe God is working on completely different schedule and agenda for our live than we are at that particular point in time, and it might be that we align our will and desires to His? Selah.

God's master plan for our lives is not to satisfy us with a list of wants or shopping list - the house, the car, the business, the job and much more. His master plan is to develop a loving and personal relationship with us individually. It is through and of this relationship that He blesses us with the desires of our hearts, and that everything else comes as an addition to us - the house, the car, the husband, wife and much more.

Yes, whilst we are developing a relationship with God, getting to know and trust Him more, life will often bring its share of pain and suffering. However, we should be confident in the knowledge that God works everything (trials, tribulation and all) for our good, as confirmed in Romans 8:28.


You might read that and say, "but I know what I want and I want it now, for time is slipping away and I seem to be tagging along others through this journey called life". Hands up me, for I have said the exact same things a million times before.

By the grace of God, I have come to understand that a life placed completely in God's hands and guided by His Holy Spirit means that His timing takes precedence. To only way to live through life at the pace God has set for each of us is to live according to trust and live according to God's schedule. We must trust God that He knows what He is doing.


A few reasons why we should trust God's schedules for our lives are:
  • GOD IS ALL KNOWING:  The opening verse of this post, Psalm 129:16, confirms that God has already written the book, with all the pages of our lives, which includes all the things that must happen - including your very act of reading this post. This means He knows our end from the beginning. The reality of this knowledge, when we start to fret should encourage us to pray as such "Lord let my today, and everyday, including my wants, needs and desires, unfold as it is already written in the pages of your book for my life - trials, tribulations, abundance and all". We must learn to COMMIT OUR PLANS TO GOD (click on link to read further), and let His Holy Spirit guide us. From experience, I promise that you will experience peace, rest and assurance beyond comprehension. For more on trusting in God, please read click on and read the "TRUSTING IN GOD KEY" post I wrote a while back.
  • GOD IS ALL WISE:   It is foolishness to think that any human being can know the absolute best thing to do or say in any situation. We can try to do things to the best of our ability, but even then we will often make mistakes. Why? This is because we mostly make decisions based on an imperfect perception, of the present or future. God's wisdom is infinite and perfect. God takes His time to teach us all we know through His Holy Spirit, if we let Him. All wisdom comes from Him as declared in Proverbs 2:6, which reads "For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding".
  • GOD IS ALL LOVING:   God loves us. His schedule and plans for our lives revolves around the fact that He wants the BEST for us. Our problem usually arise because think we know what 'best' looks like and when it is not happening, we get discouraged. God's thoughts towards us are precious as described in Psalm 139:17. Time is one of the tools God uses to teach the weighty lessons of patience. It opens us up further to have a deeper and closer relationship with Him. It is also prepares us for the good things He already wants to give us.
These are just a few reasons why we should embrace God's timing about everything for our lives. Yes, we have desires, because we have been given the power of imagination and we are meant to use these to conjure up dreams and visions and possibilities that in the natural will seem utterly impossible. However, all these needs to be in line with His will for our lives and once they are, has to happen in His own time.


The rewards of trusting in God are
endless as the blue sky on a summers day
countless as the stars in night sky
never-ending, much deeper than the deepest ocean
and the joy it brings more vibrant than a
million fireworks on display at the grandest celebration


As you live out the reality of each day, I encourage you to align yourself with God's schedule for your desires, hopes and dreams. Get close to Him in prayer, willingness and obedience.

I encourage you to trust God completely, knowing that the very essence of your life is in perfect hands.

Be patient and trust that the pages of the book He has already written about your life, will unfold more beautiful than you could ever dream or think; making Him famous along the way.

Much Love, Remi
Picture by ***google***

10 Comments:

jhazmyn said...

There are some parts of Gods will and timing that I still don't get, like seeing a promise in black and white and watching the years pass by and still not seeing the manifestation of that promise (like Elizabeth, having to wait till she was well advanced in yrs before she concieved John even after the word had promised fruifulness on all of God's children) , yet, even in this confusion, one thing I know for sure is, He is all knowing, and has known my end from the beggining...to trust in anything or anyone else, would just be a major waste of my time..

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@Jhazmyn - I hear you so loud and clear. There are some situations where I would sometimes think, "eeerm Father, all you have to do was wink and he situation will be no more" But alas, as you rightly said, God is all knowing. Who am I to question His wisdom, His ways of doing things. Like Paul said (power phrasing), "most times we don't know what to do, we are delighted that we serve a God who knows what to do. Yup trusting in God is the only way to go. :-))

Straight from the heart said...

Well said Remi! God's time is the best we've heard that saying time and time again.
I've been reading this book "a better way to Pray" by Andrew Wommack. Most of our unanswered prayer is due to our misconception on how to pray.
God is not withholding anything from his children, he is not a cruel father. Far from it infact, he has provided everything we will ever need on the cross.

we need to start aligning our will to his as Remi said and also learn how to pray effectively.

Myne said...

Thanks for another amazing teaching. I once got the WORD from the bible. God said, I know my thoughts towards you...I am still holding on to Him. In all things, His time is the best.

ps, that was a great interview on Jaycee's

Favoured Girl said...

Thank you so much for this post. I was just fretting the other day about 'when' some things will happen in my life. Now I'm reminded that my ways are not His ways, and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts.
I need to pray for my desires to align with His will, not the other way round. Thanks Remi!

Unknown said...

You are a blessing. I love this. Wait, why have I not been following this blog all along sef? lol

I got ur link from Jay's latest post. Keep doing what you are doing. Heaven is sure smiling :)

- LDP
http://dynamiqueprofesseur.blogspot.com

Kafo said...

it's the way you say it

thanks
i am going to have to bookmark this particular post

stay beautiful
saw your interview on Jaycee's haven't read it yet but will get around to it soon

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@ all, thank you for your lovely comments, especially on Jaycees blog.. I don blush tire! lol

God is my enabler and I give all props to Almighty Baba. I am thankful to be used as a tool for His glory and more excited that people are blessed by what He inspires me to do.

I encourage you all to keep holding on fast to God.. whatever it is that you desire, He will make it beautiful and complete for you, in His time... He IS NEVER LATE... so don't fret or stress.

@dynamiqueprofesseur that is too funny.. okay now u following... hehehe..

Have an awesome week of love and favour folks and thank you for reading...

Be uplifed and indeed inspired always..

Mucha love x

David C Brown said...

The apostle Paul prayed for something three times - and then received the message, "My grace suffices thee", 2 Corinthians 11: 9.We may not get the answer that we want - but we learn God through it all. (Psalm 73 is also a good example of this.)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this post. I often need to be reminded that God is in control. :-)