As we approach the final month of this New Beginning year, it is likely that most of us will reflect back and think about all the things we hoped to have achieved by this moment, but alas the reality is not so. Why? Because life got in the way. We have stored the dream on the top shelf and promised to get back to it when “things get better” .
What is a dream? The dictionary defines a dream as thus:
- to see or imagine in sleep or in a vision or
- a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep
Dreams are the intention of God, planted in the heart of man.
God has planted a dream in the heart of every single one of his children. Why? This is because he has a plan, a purpose, a destiny and good intentions for us. This we see in Jeremiah 29:11, which reads "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
This plan God has for us, he communicates to us by planting a dream within our heart, writing it upon the canvas of our spirit and making our soul a witness to it. This is why every dream of every individual is of equal importance and relative to God's kingdom. One person's dream is not bigger or better than the next. The dream God has given each of us is the seed to our future and the experience (manifestation) is the harvest (living the reality) . Selah.
The devil knows this and it is the reason he throws obstacles our way, which takes away our focus from working on and protecting the seed to our future (the dream). He knows that it is easier to attack and destroy a seed than it is to destroy a harvest. Selah. This means that we have a responsibility to protect and preserve the seed; to keep it alive, to feed it, nurture it, work on it, make sure it has sufficient light, has sufficient water, that the soil is in the right condition to help it grow, flourish and become a beautiful tree, a beautiful harvest.
We must do all we can do to keep our dreams alive, nurture it, feed it, work on it, pray on it and much more; to bring it into manifestation.
A while ago, I learnt that to keep my dreams in focus, alive and work it into manifestation, I must actively do the following:
- Write Down Your dreams: as we are commanded in Habakkuk 2:2- 3; Then the LORD told me: "I will give you my message in the form of a vision. Write it clearly enough to be read at a glance. 3At the time I have decided, my words will come true. You can trust what I say about the future. It may take a long time, but keep on waiting-- it will happen! Pick that dream right up, write it down and make it plain. To make something plain means to "make it clear, simple and distinct to the eye." Making it clear to helps us know the actions that are required to set the dream in motion.
- Speak your dream: There is creative power in the words we speak. Our tongue has a hand and when we speak, we send forth this hand to get that which we have spoken. (To learn more about this read one of my previous posts - Your Vocabulary). However, we must apply wisdom to who we speak to. We must speak our dreams to helpers of destiny. These are people that will attract resources and be of help bring the dream to manifestation. We must speak our dreams to God. In so doing we are expressing agreement to the dream. We must speak our dreams to ourselves. Sounds silly, but yes, we must do this to encourage ourselves and express our spoken faith.
- Sow into the dream of others: What we sow is what we will reap as we are taught in Galatians 6: 7 - 9. Therefore, we must do our best to find others who are doing what we are doing or want to do and then sow a seed into their dream. We can sow prayers, time, finance, help, support or much more. Seeds will produce after its own kind.
- Call in your harvest: When we have sown the seed, we must not forget to call in our harvest. Imagine this; "no farmer goes into the fields, sows and does not go back to collect the harvest." This means that we must go back and collect the harvest to the seeds we have planted. We must remember to refer back to it, bring it before God and claim the harvest. We must make a demand on our investment. "As long as the earth remains, there will be planting and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night." - Genesis 8:22.
- Discover God's purpose for the dream: The purposes behind the dream God gives us is way bigger and more profound than we could ever imagine. Our dreams have consequences that will outlive us. This is why we CANNOT afford to give up on our dreams!. We see a glimpse of this in Acts 26:16 when Saul met with God on a mission to Damascus. It reads "Now get to your feet! For I have appeared to you to appoint you as my servant and witness. You are to tell the world what you have seen and what I will show you in the future" I encourage you to draw on the power, strength and courage from the purpose of your dream.
- And finally, I was taught to guard my heart. If our hearts are defiled, then our dreams will be corrupted and life will move in the direction of our most dominant thought, hence making it our reality. We must take hold of our thoughts, imagination and steer them towards God's purpose for our lives.
Unless God has told us to wait, the next move is ours.
Lets start where we are. With our five loaves of bread and two fishes, with our small jar of oil, or with our dingy fishing boat. Everything does not have to be perfect before we set the ball rolling, we have to and must give God something to work with.
Do you need to go on that training course, to learn that language, write up that business plan, spend more time serving, or reading? Whatever it is, raise up, pick up the dream you placed on the top shelf a while ago and get moving. Give God something to work with and trust him to do the rest. A flicker of his fingers is all he needs to make it happen, thus, even with less than 2 months to go before this year is a wrap for good, God cans still bring forth that dream to manifestation for you.
"We must remember lives, souls, destinies in this and the next generations are dependant on the manifestation of our dreams and the testimonies that arise from them. "
Have an awesome time re-discovering your purpose, picking up your dream, setting it in motion and giving God something to work with to bring it into manifestation… whilst making him famous along the way.
***Pictures by photobucket & coloriaart***