Friday 10 April 2009

THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE


He came
He lived
He died
For you and me
He changed our paths from hell
Bought us a one way ticket to heaven
To reign and dwell with Him for eternity
In His mighty haven


Today, many years ago, God gave the ultimate gift, He scarified His one and only Son, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. He was killed for the elevation of you and I, as confirmed in 1 John 4: 9 - 10, which reads "9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins".


This sacrifice epic's the meaning of LOVE AND IT'S WORTH. It writes a story of "A love that surpasses all understanding" as further explained in John 3:16, which reads "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"

The death of Jesus Christ, on this very day, inverted our pathway to Hell, it changed our course from eternal death to eternal life. It changed our course to heaven.

Today, wonderful Lord, I thank you for the ramifications of what you did today, for me, so many years ago. I thank you that because of your love for me and the sacrifice of your one and only son, by your grace, I am heaven bound, to reign with you for eternity. Hallelujah!

I thank you Papa that you find me worthy (even in my dysfunctional state) of an awesome sacrifice. Words cannot express my gratitude and the word 'thank you' is not even close enough, to sum up my appreciation for today.

However, in my attempt to show gratitude, from the depths of my heart and soul, and with every fibre of my being, I say a BIG THANK YOU LORD, for the beautiful gift that you gave me today. The gift of Jesus Christ.


I do not take this for granted. You died for me, and so I live for you. I live to praise you, love you and by your grace walk steadfastly in your will, declaring your awesomeness, your glory and never-ending love; making you ever so famous along my way.

Thank you Jesus for everything.

How about you? How do you feel about the glorious gift of today?



Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by Photobucket***

6 Comments:

Chookz said...

Inspiring!! a far cry from the Easter bunnies and eggs this society is used to

Nice post

Jennifer A. said...

"You died for me, and so I live for you..."

That sums up how I feel. Thank you so much Remi. :)

Kafo said...

beautifully said


have a blessed Easter

olusimeon said...

am alive cos he died..saying i owe him my life feels like an understatement....
nice one remi...

Lady A said...

AMEN, AMEN and AMEN!!!!!!
Very nice and on point for this season.

Anonymous said...

BULL SHIT.