Monday 6 July 2009

Not Falling, BUT Growing In Love...

And may the Lord make your love for one another
and for all people grow and overflow, just as
our love for you overflows.
1 Thessalonians 3:12 (NLT)


From the verse above it is evident that we are expected to GROW and overflow in LOVE for one another.

To Grow means to: increase gradually in size, amount, become greater or larger or expand

To fall means to: drop or descend under the force of gravity, as to a lower place through loss or lack of support. It also means to be deceived by, such as being falling for an old trick.

Growing in love with one another as brothers and sisters in Christ, appointed someone is a conscious and determined process. God determined He loved us and thus, gave us His only son, Jesus Christ.

Paul also encourage us to stir up our love for one another as written in Hebrews 24:10, which reads "and let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works.." . To Stir up means to stir up means to rouse to action or incite, which can be viewed as the opposite of the meaning of falling.

Furthermore, our God IS love as confirmed in 1 John 4:8, and He is not a God that takes us to a lower place through loss or lack of support, when we grow in love with God, we arise Higher and deeper in Him.

When we grow in love, we grow in the understanding, meaning and nature of what Love is as described in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, which reads "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance".

So, here is me encouraging us all that as we start out a new week under God's grace, living a day a time in His will, to GROW gracefully in love towards one another; displaying the intricate nature and colours of God, who is the definition of love, whilst making Him famous along our way.


PS... Congratulations to Danny Bagucci for winning the book"The Call".
There is still one free book to be won! "The invisible bond - breaking free from your sexual past"


Much Love
Remi
***pictures by lukeprog.com***

17 Comments:

Giagerry said...

first??

Giagerry said...

yayyy..ok lemme go read

Giagerry said...

hmm dats wierd...dat pple usually say "fall in love"..y is dat??
Thanx remi 4 sharing...hope ur week is going gud!?

seye said...

You know, just as the Word says God is Love, I believe when we consciously grow in love, we grow in God.
I noticed that when I, personally love in those hard times, I get to know God even better. I get to know how he thinks, I get to know the extent he has gone and will go for me.
pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! So overwhelming!

BTW: HOW COME BAGUCCI GETS TO WIN THE CALL! WHAT DID HE DO TO QUALIFY. Now, I beef Bagucci(okay seye, you have to learn to love. Love is not jealous)

Anonymous said...

Deep stuff... Truly loving requires that we decide to love, in spite of often valid reasons to the contrary.. It doesn't just happen...

YAY.. I won! Thanks for the opportunity..

P.S. Seye.. Why the beef na? My F5 key is not worn out for nothing...LOL

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@Gee, yes, you are first! lol..
Thanks luv, yes my week is going great thank you, I hope yours is too.
I am not exactly sure why most say falling, I use to say that, until I learnt that we don't fall recklessly in love, we grow purposefully and steadfastly in love. It's like when we give our lives to Christ, we grow, purposefully in love with Him every step of our journey in Him. Growing, means we learn about him, about who He is, about what love is. When we fall recklessly, we are just going with our heads.. I guess that's why people are quick to fall out of love too? x

@Seye, lol.. I feel your exhaling oh! I know, it's not easy... but by the grace of God and by the help of the precious Holy Spirit we are able to grow in Love.
Ah Bagucci gets to win cus he followed the rules oh.. see now you too have won. Send me your postal details and I will post you, your price.. :-))) x

@Bagucci, Yup you are right, it is a decision we must consiously make. It just does not happen, more so because of our human nature. lol.. @ nah beef! lol..
Well done. Your package is on its way. Have a great week ahead.. x

Olufunke said...

I sometimes ask myself if I love enough....I'm praying God would help me 'grow' in love and love as much as I should.
I like the scripture you quoted,...I like the part of love to grow and even overflow
Thanks for sharing this

Writefreak said...

Hmmm...makes a lot of sense..we should grow i love...Love is a conscious decision and i guess as we make the decisions to love even the unlovables, we're growing in love!

James said...

Word. Growing in love definitly beats falling.Nice angle.

Rita said...

Thanks for the encouragement...even if loving is the only thing I do this week, i think I should have achieved something.

How are you doing?

Reverence said...

i need love this week o! God help me.

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

Beautiful words to live by, Remi. And, I lvoe that pic of the golden kisses/words on the lefthand sidebar.

The poets voice ~~~ said...

I absolutely love the way you broke this down....It is clear that love is not an overnight occurrence, we have to GROW in it, meaning it is gradual and it is a process...it takes time, effort and committment!

Thanx for sharing,
God bless you.

David C Brown said...

Excellent. "Love never fails". To grow we need food - feed upon Christ!

And thanks for your comments at

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/blessings/7098835

Kafo said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

i like

My Quest said...

Your comments on my blog was so powerful and encouraging.
I am so encouraged by someone like you who take the time to encourage a stranger so wholeheartedly.
Thanks a lot.

Straight from the heart said...

Remi, my darling what can I say.
You are my sweet heart, my darling and my love.

I love you lots