- Willing is to: have desire or the power of choosing one's own actions
- Obedience is defined as: the quality or condition of being obedient
- Obedient is defined as: dutifully complying with the commands, orders, or instructions of one in authority
- knowing that all obedience begins with our faith in the sovereign God. If we don't believe in God's sovereignty, it will be difficult to obey Him. The reason why Abraham is called the father of faith is because he believed and had confidence in God, that He would do what He says He would do. This moved Him to be obedient to whatever God told him to do.
- Growing the obedience we currently have by waiting on God's timing. God is very time conscious, but not as we count time. He is conscious of time in regard to our acting in obedience according to His schedule; He moves in the fullness of time as declared in Galatians 4:4-5 Delayed obedience is disobedience.
- Not subjecting God's plan to man's "common sense". Like Noah, some things God will tell us to do this year, will seem and look down right difficult. However, obey we must, for we must have confidence that He knows what He is doing as He declares in Jeremiah 29:11 "...I know what I am doing..."
- Being prompt in Obedience. This is what I like to call 'instant obedience'. If we are willing, that is having made the choice to obey God, then we cannot be hesitant or dwell in the land of procrastination. Many time (pointing finger at self), we fail to obey God because we dwell on what He tells us to do for so long, turning it all upside down, in fear of the consequences. When we eventually move to do what He says, the timing is all wrong and the vision or instructions sometimes has become unclear or faded.
In this year 2010, God IS going to manifest the reality of Ephesians 3:20 in our lives - you must believe, for it is an absolute promise from Him. However, we must increase our sensitivity to His will, we must affirm our choice and desire to be willing and obedient to His instructions. Through willingness, we show our love for Him and through obedience, we gain further understanding and insight to His will for our lives.
When we Obey God, we will indeed eat (have, be established and revel in) the best of this land. To disobey God means that we live under the course of the enemy. The choice is ours to make.
As you make your way through this year, I encourage you to wear the very essence of obedience like skin. I encourage you to be obedient to God's will for your life and watch Him manifest all your heart's desires this year; giving Him the glory and making Him famous along your way.
Much Love , Remi
***pictures by photobucket***