- To trust means to rely upon or place confidence in someone or something
- Rock is defined as a firm foundation or support
- Eternal is defined as without beginning or end; lasting forever; always existing
To explain further, here is the opening verse in a combination of Bible translations: “Trust in the Lord forever, commit yourself to Him and lean on Him, Hope confidently in him. Depend on Him and keep at it because in the Lord God you have a sure thing” Makes it just that much clearer doesn't it?
I did a bit of research and according to wikipedia and google, in the bible, TRUST is mentioned 147 times. It is mentioned 134 times in the old testament and 13 times a new testament.
This tells us that 'TRUST' is a very important aspect of our spiritual lives, but at most times our faith is weak in this area.
To trust in God means to exercise faith in who He is and in His proven abilities. It means to continuously depend on Him until the thing which He has challenged us to believe in, is manifested.
God can and will do tremendous things to and for us, if we simply place our trust in Him. We will experience more of Him, physically and spiritually by trusting Him.
I believe trusting is sometimes difficult because we don't see the result of that which we are hoping for, manifested straight away. When this happens, discouragement and doubt sets in.
We must remember that God does not always meet our needs or give us our desires when we want them or in the way we think or dream it to be delivered. The life of Joseph in the bible (Genesis 37-50), gives a good example of this. During his lifetime, Joseph had various desperate needs, amongst them are: to be released from a Deep Pit, to be release from a Dark Prison, and even to be remembered and rescued whilst he was in prison. Yet, despite all the delay and naturally looking bleak future, He still trusted in God, doing what he was created to do, using His gifts and abilities still.
Sometimes God delays the manifestation of our prayers because He wants a greater purpose to be accomplished when He does. In the case of Joseph, the greater need was to meet the needs of the Joseph’s family and secure the future generation.
Proverbs 3: 5-10 tells us to trust God with all our heart. The very essence of our trusting in God will help us find God’s best for our lives.
To place our trust in God, we declaring that:
- We rely on Him only, and not our own wisdom or understanding. We rely on Him to make our path straight. To guide us and make our lives easier. This does not mean we won’t have obstacles, rather it means that God will either remove them or enable us to overcome them.
- We respect Him as our God. We respect His wisdom and authority. We fear Him as he is the only one who has authority over every area of our lives.
- We are rejecting evil. God will not necessarily eliminate temptations or trials, but our trust in Him will help us free from evil.
- Giving Him room to bless us. You see we think we have a problem of not being blessed. However, the problem is that most times in our dis-obedience and lack of trust in God, we are actually hindering God to bless us.
As you step into a new week by God's grace, I encourage you to be purposeful in your 'TRUSTING' in God. Trust Him with every fibre of your being. Trust Him with every area of your live. When you feel like you have established your trust in Him, trust HIM SOME MORE. Don't simply trust Him for the most simple things, the mundane things, but also trust Him with the ‘seemingly’ impossible things!/
Think about it for a moment: Our God is the same one who created the heavens and the earth, who parted the red sea, and made them like walls, on each sides, so that the children of Israel can walk through, who feed the 5,000 with two loaves of bread and 5 fishes, who healed the sick and opened the eyes of the blind and whose FAITHFULNESS has been tested through time.
This is the same God who can do more than anything you could ever conjure up, BUT the key is to ‘CHOOSE'... 'TO TRUST IN HIM COMPLETELY’
Have a great week of living out the realities of your trust in the only one who is able and faithful; and in so doing letting your faith make Him famous along your way.