Monday 15 March 2010

Call Him Father...



And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’
for only God in heaven is your spiritual Father
Mathew 23:9


When you hear, say or think of the word 'Father' what comes to mind? Do you think of a man who gave you love and support or does the word stir up negative memories you would rather forget.?

The dictionary defines Father as "a man who exercises paternal care over other persons; paternal protector or provider".

A good father provides, comforts, protects, disciplines, and loves his child beyond what we can imagine. Regardless comes to our minds when we think of the word 'Father', the truth is God is waiting to teach and show us what and who a godly father is.
God is more than willing to help make up for the wrong representations and experiences we might have had of an earthly father. The most wonderful aspect of being a Christian is that we all have a unique relationship with God and the Father of Jesus Christ. This can only be attained by those who call and seek Him and seek His face as declared in Acts 17:24:31.

God as our father, we experience Him as:

  • The Father to the fatherless: He can and will fulfil the father role in the lives of those who don't have a one as declared in Psalm 68:5 which reads "A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy habitation." His desire is never to leave or abandon any of his children.

  • The Provider: He provides even the most basic of our needs; clothing, food, comfort, friends and family. The fact that He cares for the birds of the air as described in Matthew 6:26, which reads "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" means that He will care for you, even more then these. Whatever you need, be rest assured that your father will provide it for you; according to His will and purpose for your life.

  • The Comforter and Protector: David the Psalmist explains this much better than I could ever do. He does this in Psalm 32:7 which reads "You are my hiding place; you shall preserve me from trouble; you shall surround me with songs of deliverance." and then again in Psalm 94:18-19, which reads "If I say, 'My foot slips,' your mercy, O LORD, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul." He is the great comforter. Do you need comfort for the pains you are going through, then let your father comfort you, like only He could. Do you need protection from the harshness of this world, then let your father's mighty hand strengthen you, like only it could.

  • A disciplinarian: Just as an earthly father would discipline his children, in and with love, to correct them when they do wrong, so will God. When an earthly father disciplines his child it is because of the love he has for that child and not wanting to see them grow up without knowing right from wrong. God also disciplines us when we do wrong, this helps to establish spiritual maturity in us and help us to be more responsible. God disciplines us because He loves us as declared in Proverbs 3:11-12, which reads "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, nor detest His correction; for whom the LORD loves He corrects, just as a father the son in whom he delights."

  • A loving Father: Romans 8:38-39, says it all. The love that God has for us is so deep, so strong, so pure and so true that nothing can separate us from it. It reads "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities not powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height not depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Is it not comforting to know that we have a loving Father who is with us always?. One who wants to love and help us regardless?

As you start a new week by God's grace, I encourage you all to remember that you have a Father who is looking over you. You have a father who is a great provider, comforter, protector, disciplinarian and and an awesome friend. He is the representation of what it means to be, to have and experience a father.

As you make a great week, working, walking and striving to be all that God has created you to be, remember that all you need to do is keep a steadfast relationship with your father; making Him famous along your way.



Much Love, Remi
***pictures by photobucket***

8 Comments:

Dee! said...

Your posts always inspires me!

I no longer have a biological father, but I have always held on to the fact that the Almighty God is ALWAYS there for me...meeting ALL my physical and spiritual needs!

My God is an awesome GOD!

Stay blessed and do have a wonderful week ahead!

Straight from the heart said...

He's a father like no other, ever present, ever loving, never weaver.
Definitely no father on earth like him.
Well said hon.

Jennifer A. said...

This is the GREAT start I needed for my week to be mind-blowing, that I have a loving Father who is all these things to me and more...thanks Dad...

olusimeon said...

true words..
we need to remind ourselves of this every once in a while... its comforting.. re-assuring...
thanks for this..

David C Brown said...

He is Father to me as one of His children - giving me all of a father's care; He is father to me to as one of His Sons, whom He has given a place of privilege and dignity. He has even given me the Holy Spirit as a Spirit of sonship.

Myne said...

Thanks Remi, I miss your posts sometimes. I have to confess that there's nothing more reassuring than knowing He is my Father and I can call Him at any time. Nothing like that feeling.

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@ Dee - thank you. God is totally awesome. I hope you have had a wonderful week so far luv.

@ Debbie.. So right, so true. No other father like our father.. Imagine one His names is the KING OF KINGS.... who can beat that! x

@Jaycee - *smile* I can just picture you hugger Baba Himself... :-))

@simeone, true that, we must remind ourselves whose children we are. How are you luv. My blackberry is dead – once again.. hence the no call lol.. email me. How are you coping with the cold? X

@David C Brown – true word Sir. He has given us all good things… I pray you are doing well. X

@ Myne Whitman – I hear that 100% assurance like no other… well done re the book.. next month we are reading it for A Page A Day book Club.. yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Kafo said...

amen oooo
i've been out of blog reading circulation for the last three weeks and am finally catching up

A Father that sent his son to die in order to save and redeem us, that is how much he loves mii