*A Potter is defined as a person who makes pottery*
*Pottery is defined as the art or business of a potter, which is making ceramics, earthen and stone wares*
Pottery is made by FORMING a clay body into objects of a REQUIRED shape and HEATING them to high temperatures in a kiln (furnace or oven for burning, baking, or drying something) to induce REACTIONS that lead to PERMANENT, including INCREASING their strength and HARDENING and SETTING their shape.
In the pottery process, all sorts of properties are grouped together (according to the end product required) and used when making pottery. The properties and grouping leads to the end product's unique character.
A very important aspect of the pottery making is the wheel throwing. This is when the clay is pugged and wedged and centred on the pottery making wheel. This is a very critical step as it is the foundation of the vessel that is made. The pot is only as TRUE and as STRONG as the CENTERING. End.
When a potter takes a lump of clay, He knows what he wants to do with it. He knows whether He want to make a beautiful bowl or a trash holder.
Just like a potter, God, who is the MASTER POTTER, is forming us into His required shape. He does this by heating us through the heat of trials and circumstances - both good and bad. These are meant to get a reaction of a complete turn towards Him in love and obedience. When we do, we are renewed and changed permanently for the better. We gain strength (spirit, mind and body), and become who God intends for us to be,.
Also, like the potter moulding a ceramic ware, the most important element to God is for us to be in the centre of His will. Without us being in the centre of His will, He cannot mold us correctly.
We make the job difficult (not that He has any problems) for God and make the journey of life a long and painful one when we are not aligned to and centred in God's will for our lives. We usually do this by insisting on doing things according to our own plans, and having our way.
Daily, God is molding us through circumstances. It is crucial that we are aware of this and Have faith in Him that He knows what He is doing.
When our circumstances gets a bit too difficult to bear and our faith begins to crumble and fall apart, here are some reminders about WHO the Master Potter, God is and what He is doing with and through you.
- POWER: Just like the potter, God has ultimate power over us, the clay He is molding. He can do anything He chooses to do. However, He wants us to love and obey Him out of our free will.
- PURPOSE: He is purposeful, which means he has aims, intentions and goals for us. Through the molding process we must remember that God is working on on good plans way beyond our expectations. He knows exactly how He wants us to turn out.
- PLAN: God is a God of order and not of confusion as we read in 1 Corinthians 14:33, which reads "For God is not the author of confusion...." His word already confirms that He has a plan for each and every one of us as declare in Jeremiah 29:11 which reads "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD...". Thus, He works patiently with us to implement and manifest His plans in our lives, daily.
- PATIENCE: He is a patient God. He takes the time to teach and grow us to be spiritually mature as this is a life long process. Even when we are old, we will still be learning.
- PERSEVERANCE: In the process of molding a mold of clay, when the potter finds any imperfections, he never throws the clay away, instead he starts the process of 'Wheel Throwing' all over again. He will put the mold of clay back in the centre of the wheel and reshape it. This is what God does with us. He refines and keeps refining until we become who He wants us to be. He never throws us away.
- PERSONAL: A potter does not make more than one ceramic vessel at at time. He gives all His attention to that one mold of clay until is is in perfect shape and condition. It does not lump it together with all other molds and shape them into a big mash of vessel. God does not clump us all together in one big lump to mold. He molds every one of us individually, paying attention to the specific requirements and outcome He has for us.
I encourage you that whatever you are going through, good or bad to wholeheartedly trust the Master Potter's hands on you. He is molding you to become that which He has created you to be.
I encourage you to be willing and obedient so that you are right there in the centre of God's will, where He has the perfect opportunity to mold to be that which He created you to be.
Much Love, Remi Banjo
*pictures by google*