Friday 11 July 2008

Expectation

The clouds, they give way
to reveal a sea of eager faces

Faces, impregnated with hope and expectation,
lifted up towards heaven, awaiting
a swing from God's fountain of blessings

Hearts, tapered and carefully laid out
on a bed of assurance; of whispered,
promised and declared manifestations



Psalm 62:5-8
5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. 7 My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. 8 O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.





















Steadfastly, she fasted and prayed
untold seeds and sacrifices
she sowed and made. Yet, she
awaits at yet another crossroad,
waiting for direction on which way to turn.

She waits, not in panicked anticipation,
but with joyful expectation; for she

knows when she prayed, he heard and
answered even before a sound she made

At the crossroad she waits, she waits for
her angels to ferry forth words of
wisdom and direction, promising herself
not to say
"what took you so long?
I've been waiting on you since the break of dawn"

She awaits on words, from the one who holds the
heavens and earth in the palm of his hands
The one who has magnified his word, above his very name


She waits for the master to manifest that which he spoke and
promised to her in secret and to make perfect that
which he has already started within the depths of her


Like one would for train on a deserted station's platform,
so she waits to board the train of words
and wisdom,
which is to ferry her to the next appointed destination
©Remi Banjo, July 2008





Much Love
Remi Banjo
***pictures by photobucket***

4 Comments:

Ayomipo Matthew Edinger said...

i like this. i need to read it again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Remi,

I was just thinking about Expectation and your poem popped up on my screen. Amazing ... we all need to be expecting great things all of the time. Many thanks ... Paul

Jennifer A. said...

"She waits, not in panicked anticipation,
but with joyful expectation; for she
knows when she prayed, he heard and
answered even before a sound she made"


Ahhhhhh...I strangely feel that u are indirectly describing me in those few lines...

Thank you for assuring me to keep trusting God in every area of my life Remi!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

"She waits, not in panicked anticipation,
but with joyful expectation; for she
knows when she prayed, he heard and
answered even before a sound she made "
~I needed that. I Will be back to read this again and again. Thank you.