Deut 10:12-13 reads: "12 “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you? He requires only that you fear the Lord your God, and live in a way that pleases him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul. 13 And you must always obey the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good. "
The dictionary describes being obedient as thus: obeying or willing to obey; complying with or submissive to authority: an obedient son.
- God is a friend to those who obey Him. John 15:14 confirms this "14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you".
- God honours those who obey him with Promotion, He elevates and raises us up. Psalm 45:7 "7Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows."
- God honours with answered prayers: John 15:7 explains this perfectly "7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you."
- God rewards and blesses with earthly inheritance : Deut 11: 8 - 9 "Therefore, be careful to obey every command I am giving you today, so you may have strength to go in and take over the land you are about to enter. 9 If you obey, you will enjoy a long life in the land the Lord swore to give to your ancestors and to you, their descendants—a land flowing with milk and honey!" Imagine that, a flowing with Milk and Honey, plus long life! wonderful!
- God honours with heavenly blessings : Deut 11:13 - 14 " 13 “If you carefully obey all the commands I am giving you today, and if you love the Lord your God and serve him with all your heart and soul, 14 then he will send the rains in their proper seasons—the early and late rains—so you can bring in your harvests of grain, new wine, and olive oil." well it couldn't possibly any better or more attractive than that!!
So the question for us today is thus; "what choices in obedience will we be making this very day?"