Thursday 29 November 2007

Prayers wrapped in Thanksgiving and Praise

It's the 30th day of November! I am giddy with excitement!!! One month to go before we wave 2007, good-bye, cio, segobe, odabo forever!!! Never to be seen, walked in or experienced again! 2007 will be done and dusted.

The seeds we have sown this year, I pray we will see and walk in the testimony of their rewards in 2008.
Through the journey this year, I'm pretty sure that we; individually, as a country, a nation, and as children of God have gone through different forms of wilderness, hills and valleys, but by His grace we have come through it all !

His presence has been comforting, providing direction, dispensing wisdom, giving encouragement, strength and lifting us up to a Higher plain! That we are alive today, is enough to give Him praise like the Psalmist in Psalm 138 1 -3:


"1 I will give you thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. 2 I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your loving kindness and Your truth; For you have magnified Your word according to all Your name. 3 On the day I called, You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul."

And yes He has given us strength to gain the victory in 2007!
There are a million and one reasons why we should be thanking our father, I mean the list is endless! A few reasons why I have to thank God is because I AM:
Alive and Able
Blessed and Beautiful
Comforted by the most High father
Dead in Christ and risen with Him
Equipped by the power of His word
Fathered by the most high God
God's daughter
Highly favoured
Imitating my father
Joyful in a seasons
Kingdom bound
Mighty
Nicely created
Overflowing with goodness
Purified by the blood of Jesus
Quality, not quantity
Redeemed
Special
Triumphant
Unique
Victorious in battle
Wealthy
Xciting
Yielding
Zealous for my soon coming King!

Thus, for all that I am, for all His goodness, never-ending love and mercy towards me; I dedicate the next '31 days December 2007 countdown' to the Almighty one! I quench not my spirit and give Him thanks, as we are taught in 1 Thessalonians 5: 16- 18 and it reads:
"16Rejoice evermore.
17Pray without ceasing.
18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
19Quench not the Spirit
. "

On these pages, I pray that our praises, prayers and thanksgiving raises up to the heavens and arrives in His presence as sweet smelling sacrifices and that He is glorified through them all.

So how does this work you ask?
Every day, with the help of the Holy Spirit, I will aim to write a piece on these pages, and I will send you an email inviting you to present your thanksgiving of the day to the father!

Note: If you don't have a blogger account, you CAN STILL leave your contribution:
Click on the leave a comment link, use the text box to write your piece, signing your name at the end, and then click the anonymous button and press post comments! It's as simple as that!

So, blessed people, get ready to rock the web with your praises and thanksgiving, backed with prayer and fasting; exiting 2007 on a high note, whilst setting the scene and getting ready for the road trip that awaits us in 2008!
To God be the glory!!!
Have a wonderful day, getting ready your sacrifices of praise, thanksgiving and prayers to the one who truly matters; not forgetting to make Him famous along the way.

Much love
Remi Banjo

I leave you with this piece to warm us all up!


With one accord

Children of Zion
Coming together with one accord
Giving praises to the Lord

Embracing the essence of who You are
The wonder of your ways, a beauty to behold
The mysteries of your love for us
A marvel, since the days of old

Children of Zion
Coming together with one accord
Entertaining your majesty
With much praises, thanksgiving and dancing

Giving honour to your name
Our wonderful God!

©Remi Banjo, November 2007

2 Comments:

Crystaljade said...

Rems Wow! oh Wow! you are really in full flow....and can see you have been saving the best for last...yes last but definitely not least.

Today is the first of December, yep 01122007, that we have all come this far is a miracle in it self. This is my number 1 reason for THANKSGIVING to our God. Yes THANKS that the Lord has brought me this far..sometimes kicking and screaming, but you know what! God is so faithful, he still brought me anyway.....Thanks be to God who (no matter what always finds a way, where there seems to be no way) and causes me to triumph.

I can truly say that 2007 has been a triumphant year is so many ways regardless of the attempts of the evil one.
So Let us enter His gates (the gates on the month of December, the month of completion, completion of 2007 with incredible expectatation for the victories and divine accelerations in store for us in 2008) with the voice of gladness, the oil of joy. (Psalm 100:4; Jeremiah 33:11)

And Just like James Cleveland sang -
I don’t feel noways tired
I’ve come too far from where I started from
Nobody told me the road would be easy
I don’t believe he brought me this far to leave me.

Brethren he really has brought us thus far to take us even futher.
Be Thankful for Today and Be expectant for the tomorrows ahead.

Anonymous said...

Indeed its been a tremendous year as fast as it is exciting... I am definitely one of those who can boldly say through it all I have learnt to trust in Jesus, and He has been faithful and true to His word.

The 31 days count down... I will definitely do that too.... I know I have more that 31 things to be thankful for.

weldone girl.. am holding my breaath