Thursday 15 November 2007

Wisdom, Understanding... Garnished with Insight

Recently read Proverbs and in chapter 4: vs 5-7 it says:

5Get wisdom; develop good judgment. Don't forget my words or turn away from them.6 Don't turn your back on wisdom, for she will protect you. Love her, and she will guard you.7 Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do! And whatever else you do, develop good judgment

Hmmm... interesting isn't it? Yup and that got me thinking how smooth sailing my life would be if only at certain points on my day, I always remember to ask for Wisdom and understanding. I mean for starters, I would have less hair raising situations when it comes to paying my bills!!!

All this thinking made me categorise my actions when faced by an issue or situation. Do I ?:

1. Look at the problem and attack it head one! Tooth and nails, with all my own natural, limited strength and understanding

2. Do I look at the problem, sit back and pray for God to come down and resolve the problem Himself - you know, manner from heaven! I mean with just a wave of His finger, it go all go away! Then I won't to disturb a brain cell or lift a finger ( yeah, its amazing the contents of some of our prayers!)

3. Or do I pray to God and ask for Wisdom and Understanding and insight, to enable me tackle the problem, in the right manner and from the right angle!!

Now I know most of us have been guilty of points 1 & 2! But really, I think we ought to be embracing point 3 ! After all everything we ever need to lead successful, enriching lives according to God's will resides within us! I think we just need to understand the power we hold and use it wisely!

As it says in the Proverbs 4 above, getting wisdom is the wisest thing we can ever do! and then on top of that we should get good judgement! ? Why? Well, when we are blessed with wisdom, I believe we don't end up fire fighting, daily!
In our lives, we will begin to see a plan with God's imprints on it. Our lives take meaningful shape and form, and well we battle against the principalities with godly wisdom and not with our own understanding.! ha.. that got you didn't it?

Also, as we should be walking & living in the spirit realm, when we ask for Wisdom and good judgement, it takes us back to the source of all things, of who we are.


This means we consult God each and every step of our "TODAY" and not just when we have exhausted our own physical abilities, or when we have tried every which way, and then we have the 'aha' moment and remember, oh actually let me consult God!

Nope, we need to be consulting Him, each and every step of the our daily walk! As long as it is today, we need his help to get through the day!

We really do give ourselves a unecessary work sometimes though! I mean God knows the end from the begining! He knows everything in between! He is the owner of our daily road map! yet we forget to consult him when we get stuck, when we don't know whether to turn left or right?! crazy isn't it? !

We must understand and realise that our own natural abilities will only get us so far, which is not really far at all. But the gift of wisdom, knowledge and understanding that comes from God, has no boundaries, no limitations and can get us as far as God wants us to go! Praise God!

So today, I encourage us all, as we live out the realities of our today, lets go back to our source and ask for:

Wisdom
Understanding
Insight
topped off and garnished with
Good judgement...


This I believe, will assist us in making sure our daily steps are truly ordered and choreographed by our maker as it should be.

Have a great day basking in Wisdom and understanding, whilst making God famous along the way.

Much love
Remi Banjo

11:48 Add a comment Send a message

1 Comment:

Urban Homeschoolers Of Columbus said...

This is a good post...this help me a lot. Thanks