Saturday 1 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 1

Let the countdown begin!!!Are you all ready with your offerings of thanksgiving, praise, wrapped in prayers to the almighty Father? If not, what are you waiting for? Come on, get on board! The thanksgiving train is about to leave the station…

The first day of December 2007, the last month of the year 2007! I vividly remember entering January 1 2007; I was in church, heart overflowing with much Joy for seeing the dawn of yet another year! I was excited, agitated, expectant, scared, but open, willing and much more. I had no idea or clue what was in store for me, the challenges I was going to face, the blessings that were to come; the tears, the laughter, the invaluable bonds of friendship that will be built, the sorrow and the immense joy!

But I am glad and thankful, for all that I have experienced, it was well worth it! And God brought me through it all! His awesomeness is beyond words.
Even when I couldn't sense, feel or see Him; right there He was, all along the way. He never left me! I don't know about you, but that knowledge, that revelation, gives me immense Joy.

After all it says in Deuteronomy 3:16: "6 So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
And oh my…did He go ahead of me! I mean after all, He is the one that knows the end from beginning. He had already paved the way; all I had to do was simply walk in it!

Matthew 26:7 tells us the story of the woman with the alabaster box
It reads: "7a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table"

In the midst of all her troubles, God reached down from far above the heavens and healed her with the power of His touch, He blessed her with the gift of His presence, and He elevated her with the soft caress of His words!
So, I like the woman, come with my alabaster box full of thanksgiving for 'ABILITIES.' . Today, I lay my box, filled with thanks for endless 'ABILITY' at the master's feet!

I am simply thankful for being "ABLE TO".

This year, I realised, more than ever before, that I am indeed 'ABLE' to do all things, through Christ who strengthens me, as it is written in Philippians 4:13 "13I can do all things through Christ, which strengthened me."

I thank God for "ABILITIES" because like Bezalel, He chose and filled me with His spirit and bestowed upon me gifts and the spirit of 'ENABLEMENT.'
Exodus 31: 1-3, reads: " 1 Then the Lord said to Moses, 2 “Look, I have specifically chosen Bezalel son of Uri, grandson of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. 3 I have filled him with the Spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts"

So, dear Father, at your feet, I place my box filled with Thank-you's for the gift of 'ABILITY' and I pray it is a sweet smelling fragrance to you. Glory be to your name.

Beautiful people, HERE IS YOUR INVITE. Today, WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL to the Almighty God for?

Have a wonderful day laying your thanks at the master's feet, whilst making Him famous along the way.

Much love
Remi Banjo

Oh! Ye people
Sing out in praise
to the rock of ages
for the coverings of His Grace

Let your hearts sing out with joy
praising His holy name
His love abounds forever more

Thank Him for what He's done
embrace Him for what he is doing
wrapped in expectations
of things, yet to come

Oh! Ye people of Zion
Give a shout to the redeemer
the wonderful saviour
the one that truly matters
© Remi Banjo, November 2007

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful to God that it is not by my works, but by his Grace. No matter how some people seem to have it all together, he alone sees. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that I am more settled this year...I can still remember how crazy it was on the 1st of December 2006. Now by His grace, the sky is my limit. The one I call Jehova El Effizi - He is my God!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rems, Nice to have you back. Thank you for this. You really made a mark in my 2007. Keep it up. Just to let you know I will be looking for more in 2008. God bless you sis. Loving you loads as always. Alero

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for seeing the 31st 1st of December. Ia am alive and well. what more can I ask for.... Life is groovey.

King's Kid

Anonymous said...

I am Thankful for the gift of LIFE 'I asked Father for everything to enjoy life, He gave me life to enjoy everything

Danielle Obe

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for life, with all it's ups and downs. The downs make me stronger, and my increases my faith in God grow. The ups keep me humble, as I know these are by God's grace.

Kemi, blog novice

Anonymous said...

I am thankful to God for finally figuring out how to operate this blog thingie! Now I can thank him endlessly in writing.

Sassy Sis L (SSL)

Anonymous said...

And indeed you are more than able!!

Today, I thank God for the gift of you, thank Him for giving you the insight to write this blog (the book will come sweetie).

I thank God for your obedience. It is one thing, to have a vision, and it is another to actually carry out the instructions for the vision.

For this day, I thank God for all the friends He has blessed my life with. I thank Him for my immediate and extended family. For keeping all us from January till December and by His grace through 2008!

May His good works continue in and through you.

Loving you always, Babsxx