Monday 10 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 10

Today 10th December 2007, I am thankful that my body is the 'TEMPLE OF THE LORD.'

I am thankful that as the Temple of God, His spirit lives in me as explained in 1 Corinthians 3:16 "Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you "
I am thankful I am the temple of God because He will not only live in me, but will walk with me and He will be my God, as I am taught in 2 Corinthians 6:16 "And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: “I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people".
I am thankful I am God's temple because, He lives in me, therefore I will share in His glory, as confirmed in Colossians 1:27 "For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory"
I am thankful I am God's Temple, because, if I keep it pure I will be ready for the master to use me for EVERY good work, as explained in 2 Timothy 2:21 "21 If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work."

I am thankful for being aware that, even though I struggle to get to the gym and work my behind off, aiming to keep my body in shape; I am mindful that I have to use the strength of my youth to serve God. I am mindful that to do His will, I need to do my part to be healthy. This temple is required to be in tip-top condition! It is important that "I don't kill the horse before I deliver the message within me!" That I don't kill it with over-indulgence, laziness, alcohol, drugs and the like. Paul understood the importance of training our bodies and minds, on this our daily journey in God's will. This he explains in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 "Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified."

So, today, dear Lord, I bring my box full, overflowing for making me your TEMPLEand all that it represents. I thank you living in me, for walking with me, and for being my God, all through dwelling in me. Wonderful saviour, I pray my box of thanksgiving is a sweet smelling fragrance in thy site. Be glorified.


Beautiful people, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION, WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?

Have a great day, keeping God's temple, clean, pure and healthy, as you live out the realities of His will; not forgetting to make Him famous along the way.

Much Love

Remi Banjo

Build Him a Temple

Build God a temple
That’s pure and true
Build Him a temple
A sanctuary on the inside of you

Invite Him in, and He will reside in you
His grace and power, filling every room

Build God a temple
That’s pure and true
A dwelling place for the master
Built on the foundations of the
Makings of you

© Remi Banjo, December 2007

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I bless God for making me his temple. He leads me,directs me, teaches me how to be a good wife to my husband.

I can't thank Him enough for watching over me.
He lives in me, i am indeed His temple.

Anonymous said...

Today am thankful for my friends.. I have always prided myself on having the best friends in the universe.... nobody has good friends like I do.

I thank God for those that are married, (happy one year anniv. girl), yes and for those that have been married for more than a year, the ones that had children this year (twins)... hahahaaa, the ones that got engaged this year, the ones that are ready to be plucked (what are u guys waiting for....

Father I thank you for all these wonderful friends you have put in my life.....

Hey all ... IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER FOR ALL OF US....

love u tons

King's kid

Anonymous said...

Thank you Father for your word, the Bible. Our daily supplement needed to survive this earth. Our replenishing supply when we are in need of reassurance.

Kemi