Saturday 8 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 8

In the sanctuary where I worship, yesterday, was the last night vigil for the year 2007! It was da bomb! The heavens opened! Father was glorified and He was indeed lifted up!


Fast forward to earlier during the day, I left work earlier than usual, picked up a couple of friends along the way, then we made our way home, so that we could rest before the all night prayer session later that night. Whilst driving home, there seemed to be a whole lot of manic drivers on the road, a few near misses even! It was evident that the devil has his own agenda! One of my friends now said, well I don't know what the devil is playing at, but today, I have already thanked God for your journey mercies! That made me decide to write this piece.

Today, day 8 of December 2007, beautiful Father, I am thankful for 'YOUR PROTECTION'.

I am thankful for protecting me from January up until this present moment in time. I am aware that many started the year with me, but are no longer here. I am thankful that you protected not only myself, but every single person associated to me at this very point in time; my family, my friends. Every single one of us is here and for that Lord, I am TRULY THANKFUL.

I am thankful for protecting me when I go out and when I come in. For the times I had to go on long journeys alone, during the day or during the night. I am thankful that you have your massive umbrella of Grace over me constantly!
You have been my rock and my shield, just as you said in 2 Samuel 22:3 "The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence."
Yes Lord, you have been my refuge. In my life, you have made Psalm 121: 3- 7 my reality, it reads: "3 He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber. 4 Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps.
5 The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. 6 The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night.
7 The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life. 8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever."

And you have wrapped me up in the reality of 2 Thessalonians 3:3 3 "But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one"

So Today dear Lord, I bring my box of thanksgiving filled to the brim with THANK YOU's for your 'WONDERFUL PROTECTION' over all and everyone that concerns me. I am grateful for you Grace and protection over ALL aspects of my life!
Beautiful people, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION, WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR, THIS VERY DAY.

Have a wonderful day strutting your stuff under the calming and peaceful, fully devil proof umbrella of our Father. Not forgetting to make Him famous along the way.

Much love
Remi Banjo

Making way through the day's battle field
my heart trusts in the knowledge of who you are
for in the beauty of your holiness
lies fresh promises of the days covering

In the essence of my praises
your presence is manifested
bringing forth protection

Making my way through the day's battlefield
living out the realities of your will
Your word, guiding my feet on the right path
your grace a protection from the day's ills
©Remi Banjo, December 2007

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby, today, I join you in thanking our God for His protection over us!

I am thankful for the times I had to do round trips across England,tired and could hardly keep my eyes open! He kept me! Got me to my destinations and Back. Thank you Jesus!

For times when I walked through terrifying situations, His love was my protection. For I know that because my God loves me, I will no harm will come near me.

I am thankful to God for protecting me and my family. On the 8th day of December, I can count each and everyone of us, and we are still here, alive and well, and in Jesus name will be in 2008!

God bless you baby..
xx Babs

Anonymous said...

I thank God for modern technology that makes it easier to worship Him and spread the good news. I discovered the other day that you can download unto your ipod (which I don't have yet hint, hint) daily messages from Creflo Dollar's website. And through the many Christian TV channels, I can partake in different services, prayers and bible studies. Praise be to God.

Kemi