Tuesday 11 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 11

Today's post is quite a funny one! I am actually giggling as I write this, for things the Holy Spirit gives me to write is totally amazing! In England at the moment...to say it is cold would be an understatement! As one of my dear friends would say in pidgin English " this cold no get part II" Meaning; if this cold was a film, there would be no sequel, as it is cold enough! :-)

Today, 11th December 2007, I am simply thankful for 'WATER' . Yesterday, I went to the gym as usual, and oh my, was it a difficult work-out or what!. I wasn't feeling tired, but my body was not heeding to the call of exercise! lift the arm - nope, I ain't moving! Squeeze the biceps, nope I ain't bulging! I was getting irritated with myself, I seem to be moving in very slow motion! Then my trainer told me, okay we have to stop now, because something is not quite right. Lets analyse;

Trainer: Did you eat what I told you to eat today?
Me: yes, of course I did
Trainer: Did you get enough sleep last night?
Me: yup was in bed by 10pm
Trainer: Did you drink 2litres of water or any water at all today?
Me: eeerm, half a small glass, I think
Trainer: You think? Well, right there is half the reason you can't move, even without feeling tired, is because you are dehydrated.
Trainer: How much water did you drink over the weekend?
Me: eerm a few glasses.

I was promptly told off and had to end my session earlier than usual. I was told "you have a target of 1 litre tonight and tomorrow at least 2 and then I see you back here, hydrated tomorrow!"

My tail between my legs, on my way home, I thought how important water really is to man. I got home, was having a shower, and thought, wow! I know what I am really thankful for.. Lord I am thankful for WATER! Imagine that!

WATER, something we take for granted, I mean it is there whenever we need it, in whatever quantity! I am thankful because I am aware that whole countries are looking and dying for this same water.

I am thankful for water because on a very cold day, such as we are experiencing in England, I am able to step into bathroom, have a hot shower or pour some into a hot water bottle and warm myself up! Not a lot of people have that privilege. Water is precious and I really will learn to treat it as such. I am even able to make a cup of hot tea to warm myself up!

I am thankful for water because on a hot summers day, I am able to get hold of this same water to quench my thirst! I really did not know I could be this thankful for WATER, but dear Lord, this very day I truly am.

Some more reasons why, I am thankful for the free gift of Water:
  • I am thankful for water, because it means life as Jesus explains in John 3:5 " Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit." In the physical if I don't drink water, I will most likely die of dehydration! Imagine that!"
  • I am thankful for water because water speaks to us the purification of the christian as we learn in Ezekiel 36:25 “Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols.
    I am ever so thankful for water because it reminds of the Invitation to the Lord’s Salvation! Imagine that! This we learn in Isaiah 55:1 “Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink— even if you have no money!Come, take your choice of wine or milk— it’s all free!"

    I am thankful for water, because it reminds me that when I drink of the living water of Christ, I will never go thirsty as it says in John 4:14 "But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”
So, today dear Lord, I come to you with my box full of thanksgiving for the free, precious gift of WATER, for what it means to us in the physical and in the spiritual. Father, I pray this is a sweet smelling fragrance in thy presence. Father, be glorified.

Beautiful people, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION. WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?

Have a wonderful day drinking your fill, out of the water of life, as you live out the realities of God's will today; not forgetting to make Him famous along the way.

Much love


By the Rivers
Down by the river he sat
gazing at the beauty of creation
The sun, sparkling, and bouncing off the ripples
of the waters' moving calmness,
as it tickled along it's natural path

Living waters he thought, the flow of eternal life
purifies and cleanses from the inside
flowing from the master, Jesus Christ

Down by the river bank he sat
captivated by the beauty of
the waters, as it slowly glided past
By the flowing rivers I'll stay, he thought
drinking my fill of the saviour, Jesus Christ
©Remi Banjo December 2007

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm living water, nothing compares to the taste of it.
It quenches very dying taste and fills to overflow....
I drink and am ready for more,
for one taste of it, quenches my every need.
Living water, how I long for more, for its fulness is ever refreshing.
I am thankful for YOU!!! yes, for the prompting to be thankful daily.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Thank you God mother nature. Please enable us to take better care of the precious gift you have given us.

Kemi