Monday 24 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 24

Lord, be gloried in our praises, be honoured in our thanksgiving.

Well today, I want to thank the best Dad for giving me this precious, beautiful, soothing, still developing, gift of writing...of poetry! Thank you sweet Jesus! What can I say, as I love to talk, I love to write! :-) I am definitely wonderfully made!

Many, many, many years ago, little did I or my mother (much to her despair) understand my quite serious, and sometimes annoying obsession, with the need to lug a notebook and a pen with me, everywhere I went; nor my the burning need to translate situations and scenarios into words and phrases! From trying to capture on paper, the man crossing the narrow road, to the children playing blissfully barefooted, in red dirt; to the woman carrying a basket, lopsided, yet perfectly balanced on her head, to the lonely for lone figure sitting in expectation, in an empty church! Little did I know it would lead to this, but as your word says, everything works out for good! For this, I am truly grateful.

I thank you for the peace, and joy it gives me…It's un-explainable! For Like David in Psalm 45:1, when I write, my heart overflows with beautiful thoughts of you, making want to conjure up the best rye for you!

Psalm 45:1 "1 My heart is overflowing with a good theme;I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer. "

I thank you that I am able to worship, praise and glorify the love and beauty that you represent through the very words you give me:


The gift of your words

At the dawn of each blessed day
presented to me, are etches and phrases, wrapped up in
words filled with meanings and reasoning's
hand-delivered by the essence of the Holy Spirit

Their very rhythms impregnated with
love, beauty and awe-inspired mystery
propelled simply, by the unravelling reality
of who you are

I am thankful for I am able to compose a poem to emphasise how magnificent your name is such as David the great Psalmist in Psalm 8:1 " 1 O LORD, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth, Who have set Your glory above the heavens! "

I am thankful for I am able to use this gift to express love emotions to you such as Solomon and the Psalmist David, wrote in the days of old. I am able to tell you that:
In it's awareness
my soul… it dances...
to the tune of your love
it dances, as it praises your Holy name
I am grateful that I am able to use these gifts to encourage, lift up and inspire those near and far, myself included.

I am thankful that I am able to use this gift, to simply bring glory and honour to your name.

So, today dear Lord, I come today with my box of thanksgiving filled to the brim for the gift of poetry you blessed me with. Lord I am thankful for what it represents to me, what it provides to those around me and what I can use it to do, for your glory! Father, I pray this box of thanksgiving is a sweet smelling fragrance in thy sight. Be glorified Lord.

Beautiful people, what are you thankful to the Lord for this very day?

Have a wonderful day, using the expressions of your gift to inspire, uplift and build someone up, whilst glorifying the name our Lord and making Him famous along the way.

Much Love
Remi Banjo
©Remi Banjo,2007


The essence of poetry

It reads and presents as a novelty
The indescribable, ascribable, visible
yet, intangible

The nature of poetry
presents parallel understanding
deep meanings and much resounding
Poetry is truly outstanding

To be or not to be...
it's not a question within my reality

Poetic rhythms within my mediums
poetic situations within my inspirations
residing within my every molecule

Transparent words coming forth
visible meanings taking shape
visible transformations taking form
©Remi Banjo, December2007

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Thank God for gifts and talents.. you have not seen anything yet...

I am just thankful to be alive and well.....

God's divin health is at work in my life...

Thank you Father

King's kid

Anonymous said...

Yes babes, i thank God for gifts and talents He's blessed us with. Wow, i thank God for the gift of writing He's giving you and how ure using it...ths is the whole essence - making Him famous.
Father i give you praise for my gifts and talents - for the ones am using now, and the ones am yet to discover, thank you Lord, may they all be used to your glory dear Daddy.
I love you loads.

Your Baby,
JesusPet.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my family, from parents, to siblings, to aunts, uncles and cousins to nephews. They all bring their own individual joy to me and words cannot express my happiness at having them in my life, guiding and shaping me into a better person.

SSL