Sunday 23 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 23

Yesterday, my team in church, we had our 'get together' party, before we all broke up for the Christmas holidays!. It was really good fun, nothing like having fun the good clean way huh?


I danced and danced and danced, and then danced some more. Those that know me quite well, know that I LOVE TO DANCE! :-)! At the end of the day, my feet were pleading for release from the dance floor!

This morning I woke up and my legs felt like I had just run the marathon. My feet were aching, from all the dancing! And then I though, "Lord I am really grateful and thankful for my legs, my feet!" Imagine that!!!

But yes, today, in and with everything, daddy, I really do give thanks as commanded in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 " in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." . I am thankful for my legs, my feet, even though they hurt because I have been dancing for hours, I am so very thankful I have them.

I am so very, very thankful and grateful for my legs and feet because, since I was born until now, I have not broken any bones in them. I am thankful because I recognise, just as the Psalmist in Psalm 139:14, that I am wonderfully made, for my legs and feet are perfect, and function just how you intended them to. Psalm 139:14 "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well."

I am thankful because, you see, there are people who would so desperately love to dance, but they can't because they have no legs!

I am thankful because some have legs, but have no feet!
I am thankful because some have legs and feet, but they don't function as they should!

I am thankful because, some have legs and feet that function, but they cannot dance!
So, today dear Lord, I come to you with my box full of thanksgiving for my legs, my feet, even though they hurt from all that dancing and jumping, I am so very, very thankful and grateful for them! I am really grateful father. Daddy, I pray my box of thanksgiving, that I lay at your feet, emits a smelling fragrance in thy sight. Be glorified Lord.
Beautiful People, what are you thankful to the Lord for this very day?
Have a wonderful day living out the realities of God's will in your life; whilst making Him famous along the way.
Much Love
Remi Banjo

©Remi Banjo, December2007

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for sleep - plenty of it! To be able to lay your head down and just sleep.....