Wednesday 12 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 12

Well, following my saga of not drinking enough water yesterday, I proceeded to drink my fill of this free gift!. But alas, cold water, not wearing enough woollies and cold weather, certainly do not mix! The result of this combination is a cough, cold shivers and body ache… I miss my wellness! Which makes me to write this post today.
Dear Lord, today the 12th of December 2007, I am thankful for "GOOD HEALTH! "

Sometimes, we really don't know how good we have it, until it's gone! The wonders of the body is amazing! Just a little cold, a cough here, and a body ache there, the whole body has been thrown into turmoil. All it's members are not functioning 100% as it should they should!


So, despite the cold, I am thankful for the blessings of Good health.
I am thankful for Good Health, because it means I am able to work effectively, to carry out my father's will.
I am thankful for Good Health because it means I am able to sleep blissfully. Being sick, keeps you awake all night!
When the body is under the weather
Sleep is somehow no where in sight
though the body is in need of rest
Cold shivers through the night
is what we get
When the body is under the weather
1 Peter 2:24 I pray
The price of health has already been paid
So I am no longer under the weather
I am thankful for Good Health, because I am aware that ill health- sickness, pain, diseases and the like, is the daily and constant reality of many people in this world; but not mine! Jesus I thank you for by your stripes I am healed, as confirmed in 1 Peter 2:24 "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

I am thankful for Good Health for it reminds me of the body of Christ. Every organ part of the body of my body is designed for a special purpose and each part needs to be in perfect working order, synchronised, to make the it work. Such is the body of Christ as we are thought in
1 Corinthians 12:27-28 it reads: "all of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it. 28 Here are some of the parts God has appointed for the church: first are apostles, second are prophets, third are teachers, then those who do miracles, those who have the gift of healing, those who can help others, those who have the gift of leadership, those who speak in unknown languages."

So, today, dear Lord, I come with my box full of thanksgiving for the blessings and benefits of "GOOD HEALTH". Lord let my box of thanksgiving be pleasant in thy sight and let it emit a sweet smelling fragrance in your presence. Be glorified.

Beautiful people, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION, WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?

Have a wonderful day basking in the glory of good health, whilst making the Father, famous along the way.

Much Love
Remi Banjo
©Remi Banjo December 2007

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you.. the value of good health is seldom known untill it is lost...

Today I want to thank God for food... many people are going hungry and alot cannot eat what they want for one reason or the other especially their health.

Me I am thankful for all my favorites food-fried yam and plaintain... drink - coca cola, sweets and chocolates....

Even the cuisines I am yet to taste am thankful in advance...

King's kid

Anonymous said...

Today, I am thankful for shelter; thankful for a place, or even two, that I can call 'home'.