Sunday 16 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 16

Yesterday, I attended the last Workers meeting in my sanctuary. Being the last meeting of the year, it was about thanking and encouraging us in the good work we have undertaken this year and to empower us for the work ahead of us in 2008.


At a certain point during the meeting, we were encouraged to firstly give thanks to God for what He has done to, through and with us this year, 2007, before we even begin to lay the foundation for 2008. We were thought the importance and immense power of thanksgiving; what it means to God and what He can do to and through us, simply by our being thankful.

This made me think even more about the importance of what we laying down on these very pages.... giving God the utmost thanks. It makes me realise that, at this point in time, this very minute, today, I am simply thankful for 'EMBRACING THE SPIRIT OF THANKSGIVING !'

Apart from anything else, I think it is just simply respectful, to give thanks to He who has done more than we have asked for! Won't you agree?

Today, I am thankful for the embracing the spirit of thanksgiving because it is the right thing to do, as we learn in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." It is right to give thanks to God, in ALL things!!

I am thankful for embracing the spirit of thanksgiving because, when being thankful, it means I am not embracing the spirit of anxiety. It means I am effectively not being anxious about anything, which is the reality of Philippians 4:6-7 " Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

I am thankful because every time I embrace the spirit of thanksgiving, I humble myself before the Lord. Being able to give thanks for everything is one of the keys to being and remaining humble!

I am thankful for for embracing the spirit of thanksgiving because, when I am thankful to God, it ushers me into His precious presence as confirmed in 2 Chronicles 5:12- 13 "12 and the Levites who were the singers, all those of Asaph and Heman and Jeduthun, with their sons and their brethren, stood at the east end of the altar, clothed in white linen, having cymbals, stringed instruments and harps, and with them one hundred and twenty priests sounding with trumpets— 13 indeed it came to pass, when the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD, and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised the LORD, saying: “For He is good, For His mercy endures forever,” that the house, the house of the LORD, was filled with a cloud"
Finally, I am thankful for embracing the spirit of thanksgiving; being thankful all the time, for everything and every reason, causes me to abound in faith, a realisation of Colossians 2:7 "rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving"
So today, dear father, I come to the feet of your throne, and place my box filled with thanksgiving for giving me the ability and the spirit to be thankful to you. To be thankful in the insignificant and significant, little and big things in my daily live. Lord, let this be a sweet smelling sacrifice in thy sight. Be glorified.

Beautiful people, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION, WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?

Have a wonderful day living out the will of God for your life, giving Him praise and thanksgiving along the way.



Much love
Remi Banjo, © December 2007


Lord we give you thanks
in your presence
you have uplifted and
multiplied us
With thanksgiving in our hearts
we visualise the colours of your love
the radiance of your faithfulness
the warmth of your sweet embrace

Giving you thanks
with all you have blessed us with
proclaiming your glory, honor and majesty
beautiful and victorious and
soon coming King
©Remi Banjo, December 2007

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, yup in all things give thanks, even when giving thanks!

Well done baby.
I join with you and thank the Lord for the spirit of thanksgiving. It's only polite to say thank you to anyone who has done something good for me. I know my God has done more than I ever asked for. Thank you sweet Jesus.

love babs