Friday 21 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 22

Last night I was reading the good book, and found myself in proverbs, I was reading various verses and chapters in proverbs, and then I found myself in proverbs 31, the chapter about a virtuous woman! I read for a while and then I thought, with the view of women in today's society, I am really thankful for chapter in proverbs!

Well, this makes me to say, Dear Father, today 22nd of December 2007, I am thankful for the Proverbs 31, on the makings of a virtuous woman!

I am thankful because in the midst of all the labels the world tries to define women by, proverbs 31 provides a refreshing and honourable point of reference that women can aspire to!

I am thankful for this passage because it reminds me of my worth as a woman" proverbs 31:10 reads " Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies."

I am thankful for this passage because I have the ability, by the grace of God to greatly enrich my husband's life! Ladies, isn't the man in or soon to be in our lives lucky indeed? Proverbs 31:11 reads "Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life."

I am thankful because becoming a virtuous woman, is a humble experience, for it makes me think of and reach out to those less fortunate than myself. Proverbs 31:20 "She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy"

I am thankful because becoming a virtuous woman, means that my husband will be blessed and He will sit in High places in the Land! Thank you Jesus! Proverbs 31:23 "Her husband is well known at the city gates, where he sits with the other civic leaders."

I am thankful because my children will bless me! That is some heavy weight of blessing. Proverbs 31:28 "Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her:"

I am thankful because, in the name of Jesus, I will be rewarded for all I do as a virtuous woman; my man and by God ! Proverbs 31:31 "Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise."

So, today, dear Lord, I place my box at your feet, full of thanksgiving for Proverbs 31 Virtuous woman. I am thankful because, it gives me something to aspire to, it takes my focus away from what the world wants or expects me to be. It brings my focus back to what you want me to be a woman. For this I am grateful.

Lord, I pray this is a sweet smelling box of thanksgiving in thy sight. Father be glorified, be praised.

Beautiful people, what are you thankful to God for this very day.

Have a wonderful day, being all you can be, based on who our God is; not forgetting to make the father famous along the way.

Much Love
Remi Banjo

Woman, never forget
you are beautiful
you are divine
you are precious
you are refined
You are enriched with
the spirit of the Lord our God
the spirit to be all you should
the spirit to love thy God
The spirit to know you should
©Remi Banjo, December2007

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes girl, i join u in giving praise for pr 31. I am extremely thankful for not only bn a daughter of Zion, but a woman of virture.
Father i thank you for giving me prv 31 as a standard of a precious woman i am capable of being.
Dear Daddy, i thank you because in you i am willing and am able to do and be all you want me to do and be, including prv 31.

Your Baby,
JesusPet