Friday 7 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 7

I read an article a local magazine, on the train, on the way home yesterday. It was about how a woman donated a huge sum of money to a children's charity and she and her family, spend a total of 2 days a week, physically helping the charity to take care of the orphand children! The reporter asked her "why did you and do you continue to do this? She simply said, "well, God has blessed me with more than I can ever utilise in my life time and in 10 generations to come! Which makes me realise all these wealth and time I have is not for me, it is to use it to help others!"


I thought wow! That is wonderful. And then I woke up this morning, for some reason the story still on my mind, and then I thought... I get it.... Today Father, 7Th of December 2007, I am thankful for the GRACE TO GIVE!
I am thankful, that I am able to open my hands and give out those very things that God has given to me. I am thankful that despite their richness, by His grace, I have not been overtaken by the nature of the world and utilised it all for my own selfish gains. I am thankful that I can use my gifts to help others.

I believe God Prospers Us Not to Raise Our Standard of Living, but Our Standard of Giving. It's all about giving to live!
We are taught this clearly in Acts 20: 35 "I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive."
Here are a couple of reasons, why today, I am thankful for the Grace to Give:
When I give, I emulate my Father in heaven, for He is the master giver!
This is explained in it's entirety in John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
He gave that, which was extremely precious to Him! His only son!

When I give, it creates the antidote for greed in my life.
This I am thought in 1Timothy 6:17-19 17 Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. 18 Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. 19 By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life."

When I give, I receive from God. This I am thought in :
Luke 6:38 "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

So, today, dear Lord, I come to you with my box full of thanksgiving for THE GRACE TO GIVE. The grace to give those very things, which you give to me. I am thankful that I am open handed, that in so doing I emulate you and that you bless me in return.

Wonderful Lord, I pray my box of thanksgiving is a sweet smelling offering in thy site. Be glorified today!

Beautiful people, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION, WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR, THIS VERY DAY.

Have an awesome day, making the one that truly matters even more famous than yesterday.

Much love
Remi Banjo

GIVE
The epitome of living
is entwined in giving
emulating the father's way
His desire, wrapped in His will

Give the un-giveable
the unforgettable and unbelievable

Give the indescribable,
its truly never, regrettable!
©Remi Banjo, December 2007

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray that I continue to be in a position to freely give, in any way that blesses others. I pray to discover and utilise my abilities in ways that multiply blessings!

Anonymous said...

YES!YES!YES! I make a giving out of my life, giving my way to the TOP. That's why my signature is "Distributor of God's Abundance" nuff said

Well today am thankful for God's guidance and protection for all my journies... and boy do I travel!

For every mid-night train and bus rides.. winter and summer Father thank you for journey mercies.. for all those times am all alone in a carriage and station with drunks and maybe even stoned people, you kept me safe.

Lord thank you.... for indeed my going out and coming in is BLESSED.

I appreciate you with everything that I hold dear.

King's kid

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, givers they say never lack. There are numerous blessings that accompanies giving as it is written, ...it's more blessed to give than to receive...

I pray that God will continue to give me the opportunity to give and affect my generation and the next.

Jennifer A. said...

That story abt the giving woman is soooo inspiring (and the poem u composed at the end).

I know I have the vision of giving in this same dimension, I just pray for the grace to not only "think it" in my head, but to actually "DO it." Many times we actually want to, but do we really make that effort?

Also apart from going out there to several places, we can also give in different ways even in our little community of family and friends...

Thanks...all ur thankful posts are sent from God o, cos I'm really learning.

Anonymous said...

I thank God for my Church, for the friends that I have made there. For people who are genuinely happy so see me, who give hugs & blessings, who pray for me & my family (even when work keeps me away from the house group meetings). I thank God for the elders of the Church, for all the time they give up to serving the Lord and making each one of us feel special. I thank God for the choir, & the musicians that get us dancing. I thank God for those who help in the car parks (especially through the winter), for those who set up the chairs, for those who print out the programs, produce the CDs etc. I thank God for giving me the chance to serve him and the Church.

Kemi