Thursday 6 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 6

If you reside in England, you will agree that the heavens indeed has opened, for all we have been getting is Rain, rain, rain and then some more RAIN!


I was totally soaked, just walking the 5 minutes walk from the underground station to my office! I was beginning to grumble that rain and cold DO NOT MIX! But then my spirit said... come on Remi, be thankful for the rain.!
So, here I am, day 6, and I am saying Dear Lord, I am thankful for RAINDROPS! Yes, I am thankful for sending down the rain!.

Firstly, I am in awe of how God commands and creates the rain, how He sends down tiny droplets of water, which result in rain!
Job 36:27 - 28 shares the awe feeling, it reads "For he maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapour thereof: Which the clouds do drop and distil upon man abundantly " Now how He does that? Well that is one question for me to ask Him when I get to heaven!
I am thankful that God opened the heavens and pours out His showers of blessings on us, constantly. I am very much aware of nations, countries, even continents, looking and praying for the presence of this very rain!

The reasons why I am thankful for rain today:
God sending down rain, reminds me of His giving nature as we see in Acts 16 - 17, it reads: 16 In the past he permitted all the nations to go their own ways, 17 but he never left them without evidence of himself and his goodness. For instance, he sends you rain and good crops and gives you food and joyful hearts.”
God sending down rain, reminds me of how Great and mighty the work of His hands is, imagine; He is able to send small droplets of water from the heavens and it turns into a downpour! Job 36:26-27 explains this perfectly! It reads; 26 “Look, God is greater than we can understand. His years cannot be counted. 27 He draws up the water vapor and then distills it into rain.

God sending down rain, reminds me of the love God has for us. He sends us rain in due season, to make the land fruitful, so that we lack not! Isn't He just wonderful?

Hebrews 6:7 describes this display of love perfectly! It reads: "For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God"
See herbs for us to use, to feed us, so we do not go hungry.

Today, dear Lord, I present my box full of thanksgiving for RAINDROPS. For your sending down rain on us!!Yes, I do get soaked, and look like a rag doll afterwards, but I am thankful for the rain, all the same. Dear Lord, I pray this is a sweet smelling sacrifice in thy sight. Be glorified.

Beautiful people, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION, WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR, THIS VERY DAY.

Have a wonderful day, enjoying showers of blessings from the heavens; not forgetting to make the Almighty God, even more famous than yesterday.

Much love
Remi Banjo

Let it Rain
Tap, top, tap, top
The sound I hear
is of falling rain
creating rhythms on the edge of
my bedroom window pane

The earth, drinking it’s fill
Trees, bending down to the winds,
washing their leaves
Flowers opening up
filling their cups


Tap, top, tap, top
On my bedroom window pane
The rhythm I hear
Is the sound of
God’s blessed rain
©Remi Banjo
December 2007

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

In the words of Majek Fashek - send down the rain!
Today I thank God for the awesomeness of his word, and how He has a word relevant to every single situation. Indeed today, I join you in thanking Him for the rain and its significance. He has and will continue opening up the heavens and pouring forth his blessings like rain in my life and upon us his children. His mercies are infinite.

Anonymous said...

From now on, I will be thankful for the rain! I will not complain when I get wet. I will expand my mind and think of it as being showers of blessing. Wow!

Today, I am thankful to the Lord for simply being there for me. I am thankful because, when I have a need and speak with Him, he supplies more than I ask for. I am thankful that despite it all, He is a constant presence and force in my life. I give Him glory!

Thanks for the post sweetheart...
xx Babs

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! rain... rain... rain... I have no choice nut to be thankful... what can I say, one state in USA help prayer meetings asking for rain....

Well today am thankful for the word of God my private love letter from my original bobo.

reading the word from my mobile today made me think of how much technology has done.. Father thank you for technology.

Anyway I shall leave you with this... and now brethren I commend you to God and to the word of His grace that is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among them that are santified. (Acts 20:32)

Cheers

King's Kid

Anonymous said...

People complain when it's hot, cold or rainy. But the truth is every weather comes with its uniqueness and blessings from the father.

I appreciate my big Daddy today for His blessings in form of rain. He is indeed awesome.

Welldone dear.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the mercies God has shown me in all my years, for the blessings he is bestowing on me now and for those extraordinary blessings to come! Let it rain, let it rain!

Anonymous said...

Well done. I knew rain likened to showers of blessing, but not in this contxt.

I join you in thanking God for blessed rain.

Let there be showers of blessings, showers of blessings we need

xx Babs

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for a wonderful family and friends. You all make my life so much more bearable and it is like God brought each one of you into my life for a reason and you are all fulfilling those reasons. May God continue to bless you all so that your cup overfloweth and reaches me - LOL!

SSL