Thursday 27 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 27

Matthew 9:14-15 "14 Then the disciples of John came to Him, saying, “Why do we and the Pharisees fast often, but Your disciples do not fast?” 15 And Jesus said to them, “Can the friends of the bridegroom mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast."


Today 27th December 2007, Lord, I thank you for the Power and essence of Fasting incorporated in prayer.

I am thankful for the essence of Fasting because it draws me closer to you father, to seek your righteousness and your will in my life as described in Isaiah 58:9 "Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’ If you take away the yoke from your midst, The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness."

I am thankful for when I fast it produces dynamic results! Hallelujah! There is no doubt in my mind that when we combine fasting and prayer, the results are outstanding. Reminds me of the king of Nineveh, who proclaimed a fast after hearing Jonah's prediction of impending doom to his people. He proclaimed a fast to avert the anger of God. He asked, in Jonah3:9 "Who can tell if God will turn and relent, and turn away from His fierce anger, so that we may not perish?" And guess what? When the city repented of their ways, prayed and backed it up with fasting, God spared them. Isn't He a wonderful God? Therein lies the power of fasting!

I am thankful for when I fast, It enables me to worship my father wholeheartedly, with no distractions! When we forsake our own self-seeking and self-indulgent ways, we glorify God. This is a reflection of Isaiah 58:13 "If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, From doing your pleasure on My holy day, And call the Sabbath a delight, The holy day of the LORD honorable, And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, Nor finding your own pleasure, Nor speaking your own words,".

I am thankful for the power and essence of Fasting because, God gives the blessings of deeper understanding, meanings and insights of His will and of impending danger. Such as He did with Daniel after his 3 week fast. He saw a vision of what would happen to his people in the later days. Daniel10: 2-7, 17. How cool is that?!

Also, Cornelius fasted and received divine revelation. An angel told him where to find peter. Acts 10:30-32. "30 So Cornelius said, “Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing, 31 and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your alms are remembered in the sight of God. 32 Send therefore to Joppa and call Simon here, whose surname is Peter. He is lodging in the house of Simon, a tanner, by the sea. When he comes, he will speak to you."

I am thankful for the power and essence of fasting because when I fast, my light will break forth and my healing will come swiftly! Not only that, the glory of the Lord shall be my rear guard! It doesn't get better than that does it? Isaiah 58:8 " Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard."

I am thankful for the power and essence of fasting because I am able to interceded effectively for others, such as moses did in the days of old Deuteronomy 9:17-20 "17 Then I took the two tablets and threw them out of my two hands and broke them before your eyes. 18 And I fell down before the LORD, as at the first, forty days and forty nights; I neither ate bread nor drank water, because of all your sin which you committed in doing wickedly in the sight of the LORD, to provoke Him to anger. 19 For I was afraid of the anger and hot displeasure with which the LORD was angry with you, to destroy you. But the LORD listened to me at that time also. 20 And the LORD was very angry with Aaron and would have destroyed him; so I prayed for Aaron also at the same time."

I am thankful for the power and essence of fasting because I learn and understand the true meaning of Mathew4:4, which reads "4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."

So today dear Lord, I come to you with my thanksgiving for the essence and power in the act of Fasting. I am thankful for the powerful combination of Fasting and prayer! I am thankful for it teaches me be humble, obedient and draws me closer to you. I am thankful for when I fast, I still myself and give room for your spirit to move in my life and on behalf of those dear to me.

Lord, I pray my box of thanksgiving emits a sweet smelling fragrance in thy sight. Daddy, be glorified, honoured and lifted up, this very day.

Beautiful people, as the year draws swiftly to an end, I would like to encourage you all, to set aside a few days for fervent prayer and fasting. A few days to be in the presence of God, to seek His face, to sincerely thank Him for what He has done for, to and through you in 2007 and to express your heart's desires for 2008; to align your will with His for 2008 and to establish that, you will walk in the reality of His will, a day at a time, in 2008.

On that note, people, what are you thankful to the good Lord for this very Day?

Have a wonderful time in the presence of the father, in thankfulness for 2007, whilst aligning your will with His, to set the scene for a prosperous 2008.
Much Love
Remi Banjo
To think of New Beginnings
is to visualise the impossible
within your spirit
To visualise...
is to believe it in your heart
To believe ...
is to declare and decree it's experience,
it's to embracing the reality of it's presence
©Remi Banjo, December 2007

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...your post on fasting has given me a whole new understanding of the importance of fasting, and putting the self under. Thank God for Iya Beji.

Also loving your playlist, its what's getting me through work today!

Anonymous said...

Hey, u've inspired me so much with this post. I've been kind of lazy to fast but now, it's time to seat up.

God will continue to bless u and give more things to write about that would affect lives.

Remain the best.

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Aweeee... thanks Bukster! :-) I pray work goes smoothly for you today? xx meee