Friday 21 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 21

Last night, I slept quite late; I was doing some 'stuff' from work. I thought, wow, it's nearly 12:00am and here I am, still working, and then I thought, I was enjoying myself, I really didn't mind, for I really love what I do! This spurs me on to write this post.

Today Friday 21st December 2007, I am thankful for my Job, my work, my profession, what I do to make a living, however we want to phrase or call it, I am truly thankful for it!!

Father, I am thankful because, I absolutely, absolutely love what I do!!! I am aware of the fact that not a lot of people can say and mean that, but because of your love and blessings, I am able to! I am not just in a job to make a living, I am in a job that I really love! wow! For me that's a hube bonus!
I am thankful because, I mean, work never feels like work! Yeah, the workload might feel heavy from time to time, but I enjoy it immensely all the same. I pray daddy, that you bless your children with the same fulfilment as you have given me, whilst I work.
I am thankful that my daily toiling at work is satisfactory and that it brings me good rewards, making me live out the reality of Proverbs 12:14 "man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth, And the recompense of a man’s hands will be rendered to him. "

I am thankful that my there is profit in the daily labour / work I do, making Proverbs 14:23 my reality "In all labor there is profit, But idle chatter leads only to poverty."

I am thankful because when I excel in my work, I will stand before kings! Hallelujah, making Proverbs 22:29 my sweet reality "Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before unknown men"

So today dear Lord, I come to you with my box of thanksgiving for my job, my work! I am thankful that it not just a job that pays the bills, but it is a job / work that I love and take pleasure in doing. I am thankful that when I work hard at it, I will excel in it and it will bring me to stand before kings. Father, I pray this is sweet smelling offering in thy sight. Be glorified!

Beautiful people, what are you thankful to the good Lord for Today?

Have a wonderful day, doing what you do, well, whilst making God famous along the way.

Much Love
Remi Banjo
© December 2007

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!
What can I say! I am grateful to God for the cold, I mean, yes it is so cold out there, but I thank Him for the gift of seasons for they all play their roll on mother earth! yes while we complain about how cool it is I am glad I have the chance to change my winter coat, again! yes I do, mine has just decided to give way! I thank my father for this weather O! and for the provision to wrap up warm and coil up with a warm cup of Cocoa! father I thank You.

Debbie.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the job that He has blessed me with, cause when I look back over the years, i know that it is definitely by HIS grace. Looking over the last couple of years, i know that he has indeed fulfilled his words - that he will do exceeding abundantly more than I can ever hope or dream. I never dreamt I'd be here today - and I am truly grateful for his blessings. And because HE is the Lord that never changes, I am excitedly looking forward to all that he has in store for me! Praise be to my Lord, the merciful one!

Omo 'S'