Tuesday 4 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 4

On closing from work today, I made my way, reluctantly to the gym. I switched on my Zen Creative MP3 player, and lost myself in the voice of Vicki Yohe, in praise and worship to the almighty God.

Got the gym, worked out to some music. Completed my workout, exhausted; I slowly made my way home. I popped my earphones back in and lost myself in the voices of Shekinah Glory singing "praise is what I do" ... and then I thought!
Wow! Father, 'I AM THANKFUL FOR MUSIC!!!' For sweet glorious MUSIC! Quite funny isn't it? Think for a second, what would the world be like without music???? .................... eeerm, see, you can't imagine that can you? It's literally impossible! I mean what would we do without music? How would we praise and grove at the same time. And then I thought; there would be NO DANCING? HUH?? Oookay, I don't know about you, BUT, in my world, that is certainly NOT possible AT ALL!! To me, no dancing is like..... no breathing!!!
Reading through the Bible, we understand that God, absolutely loves and adores music! I mean, David the psalmist understood the importance of music to God; for He sang His heart out to Him, every single second and minute he could, with harp in tow! Here is some proof; Psalm 147:1 reads "1 Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful."

Further, in Psalm 95:2, David encourages us to: "Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms."

Even, in Nehemiah, they testify to the songs of David; Nehemiah 12:46 "For in the days of David and Asaph of old there were chiefs of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving to God.
Those prophets of old, sure knew the importance of music, for they were constantly singing to God, and I imagine He enjoyed every single minute of it! (I'm clearing my voice to display some serious vocal cords... Z factor here I come!)
In Psalm 40:3 He gave David a song to sing! "He has put a new song in my mouth—Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear,And will trust in the LORD. "
And finally, in revelations, we learn that the harpist, with their harps, sang before the throne of God, entertaining Him with music. Revelations 14: 2- 3 "2And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. 3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth"

So yup, as I walked home from work, with a spring in my step, I thought, Father, what I am really thankful for today is the beauty and the gift of "MUSIC". The way it soothes my soul, relaxes me, makes every worry and stress fade away! But more importantly, the way I am able to use it to express myself completely when I am praising You!!! That in itself is awesome!
Today, dear Lord, I bring my box, overflowing with Thanksgiving for the gift of MUSIC. Lord, let my thanksgiving be a sweet smelling fragrance before your throne today, in the Jesus name.

Beautiful People, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION. WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY.

Have an awesome day at the master's feet, presenting your box of thanksgiving; not forgetting to make him famous along the way.

Much love
Remi Banjo

The essence of music
is a beauty to experience
Soothing to our ears
calming to our very souls

The blessings of music
a joy to behold
as rhythms takes hold

sending notes on the wings of a cloud
making sweet music for our King
as we bow and kneel
at the masters blessed feet
©Remi Banjo , December 2007

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

World with out music... UNTHINKABLE...

Today i am thankful for His grace, mercy and His favour upon my life... its amazing how His grace has seen me through impossible situations and I am here alive on the 4th day of December and I have not lost my mind all because of His grace and mercy. Kurt Karr puts it well God's mercy kept me so i would'nt let go.

As for His favour, pEople fight each other to favour me... I have been blessed and favoured in places and waysbeyound my imagination. God has indeed empowered me to succeed.

King's kid

Anonymous said...

I am thankful to Father for the gift of LAUGHTER! Amazing what it can do - Very good medicine, Victory all the way...
x Danielle Obe

Anonymous said...

Today I want to thank God forthe blessings He bestowed on me from the begining of the year up till this present moment in time,i`ll always be forever thankful and praise His name all my life.

Richard Adeleke

Anonymous said...

World without music!!? Nope cannot imagine! How will I show my children I can still make those MJ moves! lol...

I am thankful for the ability to appreciate muisc!

Today, I am thankful for people like you sharing their gifts freely.
God bless you
Fola

Jennifer A. said...

HALELUYAH...

Lord, where would I be without Your praise? Did you know that in our praises, as we lift His Name up, we are also lifted with Him?

ahhhh...I praise You Lord. And I'll keep praising You, in the good times and bad

Anonymous said...

Yup Jaycee, we are lifted up as we praise Him.
What is even more wonderful is that He inhabits our praises! Imagine that! He resides in, lives in, OUR PRAISES!!! So rightly so, where would we be without music, without the ability to praise!

Thanks Jaycee...
xrems

Anonymous said...

Well you know I love my MUSIC!!
If there is no music, I won't have a favourite song : " Almight God that is your name, YOu will never share your glory, with anyone, you will never share your glory with anybody, Almighty God that is your name!

Music is sweet melody to the father's ears!
I also thank God for music, and for you.
xx Babs

Anonymous said...

Music -thank you Lord for those sweet sounds that bring hours of joy to my heart. I am also thankful for the money he somehow gives to me to enable me to buy not BURN these cds (well most of them!)

SSL

Anonymous said...

Thank you father for health. Thank you Lord for giving me so much grace and good health in my life so far. Thank you sweet father that I have never had an operation, I was born with all the right parts, and everything still works. As I get older, I have learnt to appreciate everyday of health living, in a world full of cancer and other diseases, even in little children. So please know that I am forever grateful.

Kemi B N