Thursday 20 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 20

When praises go up, blessings come down! Keep presenting your thanksgivings to the father. It is good to give thanks, to the one who has kept us from January until now. It is not by our might or power but by the grace of the living God that we are here today!. We thank you father.


Today, 20th December 2007, I thank God that I am "a witness to the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ." I am thankful that I am able to "freely" tell people about Jesus, what He has done and what He can do in their lives. I am able to share this free gift of salvation through our redeemer, Jesus Christ.
Why? Well, I heard a story once. It was about a man who saved up every single penny he could, to go on a cruise. When he had finally saved up, he could only afford the cruise ticket (or so he taught). He bought his place on the cruise and then he thought, "I won't have enough money to eat food everyday on the cruise", so he packed himself some cheese and some crackers. Everyday at meal times, when the guests on the cruise went to sit down to eat, he sat on the deck and ate his cheese and crackers, all by himself. Until the last day of the cruise, a gentleman walked up to him and asked, " why don't you ever join us for a meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner"? You are always here eating your crackers and cheese!
The first man said, "well, I could only afford the cruise ticket, which did not include meals!" Only for the second man to reply "the meals are inclusive, breakfast, lunch dinner and anything in-between are FREE on this cruise"!!! Imagine that!

That is why I am thankful for the knowledge and awareness the Holy Spirit gives me and more so, the ability to go out there, and share the free word of God. That takes Holy Ghost power guts! :-) I am thankful because I am able to live out the reality of Matthew 28:16-20 "16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen."

I am thankful for being a witness, for it means I am acknowledging my faith before man and thus, Jesus will acknowledge mine as it is written in Luke 12:8-9 "8 “Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God. 9 But he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God."

I am thankful for being a witness for it is an opportunity to tell someone about the hope I have found in Jesus Christ, and in doing so, I pray it will encourage someone to embrace everything that Jesus Christ represents as thought in 1 Peter 3:15 "Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it."

So today, dear Lord, I am truly thankful that I am NOT ashamed to be a witness to your gospel, your words, your breath, for every thing you stand for! I am indeed thankful that I can actually open my mouth or flex my fingers on the keyboard and speak about the wonders of your love, of your healing power, of your wisdom, your blessings, of simply, your awesomeness!

I am thankful for when I speak to people about you; I am planting and watering the seed of you in their lives, creating room for the Holy Spirit to do the rest! Oh! Daddy, I pray this box of thanksgiving I lay at your feet, is pleasant and acceptable in thy sight; I pray it emits a sweet smelling fragrance in your very presence. Be glorified Lord!

Beautiful people, what are you thankful to the Lord for this very day?

Have an awesome day reaching out to those around you, telling them about the saviour who can be the answer to every single one of their prayers, if they simply let Him in.
Much Love
Remi Banjo

To seek God
Is to be set free

To be set free
is to be filled with love

To be filled with love
is to have a song to sing

To have a song to sing
is to sing of God's greatness

To sing of God' greatness
is to be lifted up into his presence
To be lifted up in God's presence
is to be closer to him
©Remi Banjo, December2007

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Today I want to thank god that am able to celebrate Christmas. I don't belong to any of those sects that does not celebrate the birth of Jesus.

My collegue will not even eat the chocolates and biscuits at work because they are Christmas related... she might as well not shop cos everything in shops now is for Christmas....

Anyway, each one to his own.

Thank god for Christmas and the rare privilege to celebrate it.

For unto us a child is born, and unto us a Son is given....

King's kid

Anonymous said...

Today, I want to thank God for His presence in my life. For always being there with me and for me.

I want to thank God for being my Daddy and for loving me "No matter what" Thank you daddy, I am very grateful.
Babs

God bless you sweetheart