Friday 14 December 2007

31 Days December 2007 Count Down - Day 14

Today 14th December 2007, I am thankful to God for 'The Privilege of Prayer"
Prayer is having conversations with God, making petitions, or a spiritual communion with Him, as in supplication, thanksgiving, confession of sin or simply adoring Him.

I am thankful for prayer because I am privileged to private conversations with my Father; anytime, anywhere! I can talk with Him about everything that concerns me, and He listens….!!! Prayer is a privilege God gave to me, when Jesus Christ died for me on the cross! A privilege to have conversations with my God, anytime, anywhere, and about anything!

Imagine that! I mean you know Daddy lives way, way far above the heavens, BUT, He bends down, and lends me His ear. Imagine a 2 year old child and His father walking along, and then the child, says to his dad "Can I tell you something?" Picture the father, coming down to that child's level, probably leaning on one knee and then loving looking into the child's face and say, " yes my son / daughter, what is that you want to tell me?" That is what God does to His children, He gives them His undivided attention!

I am thankful because when I pray, He draws me into His very PRESENCE!. Now that is totally awesome! No? Well, just for a second, imagine what it would take to have an audience with the queen of a high profile country? I might probably involve a one year appointment proposal for starters, which might probably include a 20 page document, stating detailed reasons for your request; AND, then most probably, a 100 page questionnaire to complete!

But here I am, walking boldly, yet humbly into the presence of the one who owns the whole world, universe and beyond! Hebrews 10:19 - 20 "Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh"

I am thankful for Prayer because the prayer of the righteous person has great working power. Through prayers, sickness is taken away and sins are forgiven. James 5:13 18 explains this better: Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit."

I am thankful for prayer, for I remember that according to Ephesians 6:10 - 13 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

I battle not against the flesh. Thus, when I pray, I live out the realities of each day, armed for battle to the eyeballs, for battle… Devil, WATCH OUT NOW, I'm Highly charged!!

I am thankful for prayer because I am able to use this same outlet, to intercede on behalf of friends, family and loved ones! I am able to make supplications, thanksgiving to God and wholly adore Him.

I am thankful for prayer because it is a deterrent to sin and keeps me within His will for my life, as explained in Colossians 1:9-10 "For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;"
Those quiet times when I try to justify why I should do things I shouldn't, the Holy spirit gently, teaches and directs towards the right decisions and actions.

So, today dear Lord, I come with my massive box of thanksgiving, giving you thanks for the Privilege of Prayer! I thank you for my prayer closet, my set prayer times, and my outbursts of prayers all the time! I Thank you for the privilege to be with you, anytime, anywhere, all the time! I thank you because when I pray, you always listen! I pray this is a sweet smelling fragrance in thy site oh Lord! Daddy, be glorified!

Beautiful people, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION, WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?

As my lovely friend Danielle, would say, "Make a great day", saying a prayer, or two, having sweet conversations with the one who truly matters.
©Remi Banjo, December 2007

Whisper a prayer
Riding on the wings of a dove
conversations whispered in earnest
words presented to God above
in form of a prayer

single notes, etched on pieces of payer
ferried on buses of expectation
delivering a treasured note
all wrapped up in the essence of prayer

Hearts waiting, souls anticipating
words, presenting a vision of hope
presented to you Lord
all, in form of a prayer
©Remi Banjo, December 2007

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I thank God for the opportunity He has given me to talk with Him. I feel relaxed anytime i talk to Him about anything...

I am thankful for the relationship btw my father and i.

Anonymous said...

True that.. the power of prayer cannot be over estimated in the life of any believer.

Today, without sounding vain, am truly thankful for my shoes...... yes you heard me.. SHOES. Time was, when it was so difficult to buy new shoes just for the sake of it... you have to think of the amount 'good' shoes cost (in Nig)and compare it to your monthly allowance.. don't even go there...

So every pair of shoe was for something... Fst forward to here and now... I can walk into any shoe shop and buy what I fancy, whether I need it at that time or not.

Father thank you. I dedicate all (how many are they now hmmmm)to you.

King's kid