Thursday 4 December 2008

31 Days of Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 4


I sing:
We are family
All my brothers,
sisters and me!!!
Do you all remember that song? Well, that's the intro to the reason I am thankful today.

Today, the 4th day of the last month of this year, wonderful Father, I am very thankful and grateful for my family.

Even though we don't get to see each other as much as we should, agree on a lot of things as we should, fight like cats and dogs from the most silly thing to the most important, get on each other's nerves, which probably makes me go to the gym and climb walls; I still love each and every one of you all the same.

I thank God for you, for what he is doing with and through each and every one of you as individuals and what he is doing to and through us as a family unit.

I thank God that even in our dysfunctional and not perfect state, he sees it fit to shower us with love, keep us safe, secure, healthy and still, somewhat together! Awesome!

I thank God that slowly he is healing wounds, mending rifts and by his grace we are trying to live according to the teachings of 1 Peter 1:22 which reads "You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters. Love each other deeply with all your heart." We are learning to love and accept each other; flaws and all! By the way, bross M, u owe me a call :-)

And as Joshua declared in Joshua 24:15, I declare you and every single one of you will continue to be a family and will serve and worship God in our relationship and as we get better and better at being a family unit; making God famous as we do so. That passage reads "If you decide that it's a bad thing to worship God, then choose a god you'd rather serve—and do it today. Choose one of the gods your ancestors worshiped from the country beyond The River, or one of the gods of the Amorites, on whose land you're now living. As for me and my family, we'll worship God"

So, today dear Papa, I come to you with a heart full of thanks and place my basket full of thanksgiving at your feet. My basket full of thanksgiving for my family, my brothers, sisters and parents. I thank you for each of their lives, I thank you for the lessons we have learnt and what we are learning. I thank you for despite everything we have gone through, we are all still here this very day.

Wonderful saviour, I pray that my offering of thanksgiving and praise for my family is a sweet smelling sacrifice in thy sight. Be glorified and be praised in my thanksgiving and in my praise as I make you famous along my way.

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION


WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?

I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters' feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.


Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by Photobucket***

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful today for R putting my feelings so eloquently in this sentence - "I thank God that even in our dysfunctional and not perfect state, he sees it fit to shower us with love, keep us safe, secure, healthy and still, somewhat together, Awesome!"

I am also thankful for being able to comment on day 3 before the blog police wake up. To God be the glory.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Father for my health. For over 30 something years, the Lord has taken care of me, covered me with His blood and kept away all major illness. Ironically, I have the flu right now, but what better time to thank Him for health than now. To show my faith in His healing powers, to know that this illness will not slow me down or stop me from getting excited about the anniversary of the birth of our Lord. The devil is indeed a liar.

Kemi

Anonymous said...

Today Lord, I am thankful for Peace of mind, for you never giving up on me even when I stray from your path.

Anonymous said...

Today a month ago history was made. Barack Obama was elected POTUS.

Today am thankful that it happened in my time, I witnessed it, I was awake and saw it happen.... Talk about answer to prayers and yes I fasted and prayed for him.

YES WE CAN

King's kid

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Thanks everyone...

Lord I pray the thanksgiving and praise of your children is a sweet smelling sacrife in they sight todaay. Be glorified and honoured in our praises. Amen