Tuesday 30 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 30


On Sunday 28 my insightful pastor delivered a message about making room within our hearts, minds and daily lives; in anticipation to what God is going to do for, with and through us for his glory, by the end of year and throughout 2009. He encouraged us to clean up the inside of who we are and make room, and build bridges for God to visit in his glory and dwell.

I bought the message, downloaded it on my ipod (I love technology) and listened to it all day on Monday; to and fro from work, whilst at work, whilst in the gym, even when I got home, and the last thing before I went to bed. Paying attention to every single word, praying and meditating and doing my best to “tidy up, throw out the old, in preparation for the new” little did I know about the cobwebs that hung and lurked around within ?

This morning, about an hour before typing this post, I woke up and played that message again and continued with the prayers and then the revealing and healing, all of which I was not expecting, began in earnest… ***Happy Sigh***

Today my wonderful maker, with your praises on my lips and your name on my tongue, I come to you as I am and say a big thank you for that message I heard on Sunday, for the obedience of deliverer of the message and for task of process of preparing room for you within my heart and my life; for in this process, this morning, I finally see the intricate makings of who you have made me to be…simply beautiful.

I am so thankful, because as I type this, you are showing me, in snatches and glimpses, within my mind and spirit, the unique, yet beautiful colours of who I am, who you made me to be. You are showing me that I am truly a beautiful person; both inside and out – quirks, faults, blemishes and all. I thought I knew, but this morning I now KNOW (yup sounds strange huh?), and actually understand the full ramifications of what it means to be me. What it means when you say in Genesis 1:26 - 27, that you made me in your image, a reason and for a specific purpose. It reads "26 Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.” 27 So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them".

I am thankful for revealing this revelation, for it means I no longer aim or am I willing to settle (unknowingly) for just happiness - which is external, but I am now refined to 'Aim for Joy', which comes from within, from you who is alive and living within me! I aim for Joy as John 15:11 commands. It reads "I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! " .

I am thankful for in clearing out the contents of my heart, I am finally free from labels every single pathway of my life has tried to stick on me. All the place cards, signs, posters I have hung up, unknowingly or unconsciously within the hidden corridors of my heart, are now finally pulled down – the view is simply beautiful.

So today, Paper, my maker, I come to you with my basket overflowing with thanksgiving, presenting to you in praise; tears streaming down my face as I type, in thankfulness for the message on Sunday 28 December 2008, and indeed the deliverer, Pastor T.

I am thankful that in doing what you asked, through your prophet, this morning, you have revealed myself to me. I’m amazed at what I perceive, at what I see, at what I have missed and yet to see. I am thankful that I finally see me the way that you do. I am thankful that I know without a shadow of doubt, that I have been made beautiful. I am thankful that you have helped me to FULLY believe, despite my fault, quirks and all, I AM BEAUTIFUL.

I thank you for my renewed vision, renewed understanding, renewed self love, renewed alignment on the reflection of me that I see. I am thankful for still, you tell me this is simply a fraction of how and who you have made me to be, and that evokes excitement and joyful expectations of more me I am yet to experience.

Father, I pray my basket full of thanksgiving delivered at your feet, in praise is sweet smelling and acceptable in your presence. My God and my King, my molder, my creator and maker, be honored in my thanksgiving and glorified in my praises today. In Jesus Name… Amen


BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION


WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?

I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters' feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.


Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by photobucket***

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

"I thank you for my renewed vision, renewed understanding, renewed self love, renewed alignment on the reflection of me that I see"..............WOW!

Lord I thank you for new revelations of who we are in you. I thank you for the lives we are about to live in this new found knowledge of who we are, and what we can achieve. Lord, may your will be done in our lives.

OmoS.

Zoe Believer said...

Father today I am thankful that I am still here. Lord, your faithfulness is outstanding. I give you praise. Thank you for renewed vision for revealing those things that will be before they happen and giving us the grace to walk in it. Thanks Remi, God bless you

Anonymous said...

Lord thank you for the strength to fight off this flu that omos passed on to me!I thank you for health and wealth for all my family and friends. You know Lord what position we were in last year at this time so I really praise your holy name and lift you up on high and declare to all that you are indeed a living God!