Thursday 18 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 18


And the song goes like this...

So I say
Thank you for the music,
the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy
they're bringing
Who can live without it,
I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or
a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me


I'm sure some of you would have recognised those lyrics as being from a song by a pop group called ABBA. Well that gives an introduction to what I am thankful for today.

Today, wonderful papa, I am thankful for MUSIC... ahhhh (***happy sigh***)

Think for a second; can you imagine a world without music? Nope didn't think you could! I can't either.


Without music how would I praise, dance, worship (imagine that as one word - praisedanceworship) to papa, when I'm approaching his presence? I mean, check this out, I need to do a 'moon slide' first, then commence with a little 'swagger' to the left, and then 'tilt of hips' to the right. Now at this junction, I will most definitely introduce the 'break dance' to get me ready for the 'electric slide' and then 'running man' that will deliver me right into his presence!!!. Life without music? Impossibility! Thank you father for music!!

I am thankful for music for I am able to entertain my God and king with much singing and dancing.

I am thankful for music for I am able to sing my heart out to God; worshiping him in song, just like David the Psalmist did. He sang to God every chance he got, with his harp in tow. We see this in Psalm 147:1 which reads "Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful."

Even Nehemiah testified to David's song, dance and praise worship style to God. We read this in Nehemiah 12:46 "For in the days of David and Asaph of old there were chiefs of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving to God".

I am thankful for music because, it allows God to give me a song to sing, each and every morning, such as he gave David in Psalm 40:3, which reads "He has put a new song in my mouth—Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear,And will trust in the LORD. "

So yes, today dear Papa, I dance my way into your presence with my basket overflowing with thanksgiving for the gift of music. I am thankful for being able to hear, feel, and experience the joy and pleasure of music. I am thankful I am able to dance to the beat and tune of music. I am very aware that not everyone is privileged to do so. I am thankful that I am able to worship, praise and honour you through my singing and my dancing.

Father, I pray that my basket full of thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise and presented to you with much dancing, is sweet smelling, presentable and acceptable in your sight.

Be glorified in my thanksgiving and honored in my praises and dancing today, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.



The essence of music
evident since days of old
The ramifications of music
simply a joy to behold

Musical rhythms in formation
sending notes on the wings of a cloud
making sweet music to the king
as we dance at his feet
in thanksgiving and praise
we humbly and gladly bow



BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?



I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.




Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by Photobucket***

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that R finally brought music back to her blogspot. I am also thankful because I know she is going to add more songs than the 2 Natasha Bedingfield she currently has on. I am also thnakful for the Spirit of the Lord that has blessed all the gospel artistes with words to put into songs we can sing and dance to as we enter the presence of the Lord.

Now R, some Kirk & Fred please!

OmoS

Anonymous said...

Kemi is thankful for the delicious stilton, walnut and grape baguette she just ate and the chai latte tea she just drank. I thank for Father for the meals You have provided for in the past, the meals You will provide today and the meals to come (esp the Christmas ones).

adebanji said...

I really agree! Thanks God for Music-it really brings light into our souls!

Anonymous said...

Today, I am so thankful for technology (FB!) that has brought my best friend from Sec school to reconnect with me. I searched high and low for her and asked God to keep her safe all these years and indeed she has. It was also a blessing to find that she is also a Christian!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S I am also thankful that I have finally caught up with my daily praises!!!

Mimi said...

Without music how would I praise, dance, worship (imagine that as one word - praisedanceworship) to papa, when I'm approaching his presence? I mean, check this out, I need to do a 'moon slide' first, then commence with a little 'swagger' to the left, and then 'tilt of hips' to the right. Now at this junction, I will most definitely introduce the 'break dance' to get me ready for the 'electric slide' and then 'running man' that will deliver me right into his presence!!!. Life without music? Impossibility!



Thats what I'm talking bout girllllllllllllll! I love to see some niceeee dancing moves before my Daddy!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful - that I can say that I am thankful inspite of everything

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Thank you everyone.

Lord I pray that the thanksgiving presented in praise your children have brought into your presence and placed at your feet, is acceptable in your sight. Be honored and glorified in our thanksgiving and praises today. In Jesus name we pray. AMEN