Wednesday 24 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 25


The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—
has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!
Luke 2:11

Today dear Papa, I am thankful for the birth of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, because it proves that your word and promises are true. It proves that you say what you mean and you mean what you say, as is the promised manifestation of your words in Isaiah 9:6 - 7 came to pass on this day, many years ago. It reads

6For a child is born to us, a son is given to us.
The government will rest on his shoulders.
And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 His government and its peace will never end.
He will rule with fairness and justice from
the throne of his ancestor David for all eternity.
The passionate commitment of the
Lord of Heaven’s Armies will make this happen.
Isaiah 9: 6-7

I am thankful for Christmas because it reminds me of the real and finite definition and act of Love given and shown to mankind through the author of Love himself - God; by sending his one and only son into t his world so that we might have eternal life, as confirmed in John 3:16, which reads "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

I am thankful for the beautiful lights and candles on display this Christmas for it reminds me that master Jesus is the light of the world as he confirmed in John 8: 12 ,which reads "Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”

I am thankful for Christmas because it reminds me that regardless, I will never be hungry and thirsty again, which Jesus confirms in John 6:35, reads "Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

I am thankful for the today because it reminds me that Jesus Christ came to deliver me from death, he came to change my course from death to eternal life as confirmed in Romans 4:25, which reads "He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God".

I am thankful for Christmas, because it is a time to show love to others, hence bringing forth the true meaning of who you are and what you stand for, bringing glory to your name.

Thank you Master Jesus for laying down your life for me, so that I may live and reign with you eternally.

So, Papa, today, I come to you today, with thanksgiving and praise, dancing and singing in thankfulness for today, Christmas; the Birth of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the fulfillment of your word, to save and redeem mankind. I am thankful that because of the birth of Jesus Christ, I have been redeemed from the curse, I have been given eternal life.

Wonderful, glorious father, I pray that my basket of thanksgiving and praise is sweet smelling and acceptable in your sight. Be glorified in my thanksgiving and honored in your praises today in Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION


WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?

I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.


HAVE A HAPPY CHRISTMAS IN
PEACE AND LOVE OF
OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST.



Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by Photobucket***

4 Comments:

Vera Ezimora said...

Honestly Remi, I cried my eyes out last night. I'm not too happy about the state I'm in during this festive season. 2008 has brought a lotta things I wish I could undo. I'm really looking forward to 2009. I'm hoping for a new beginning in every aspect of my life

Anonymous said...

yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

its another Christmas and am alive and well. Thank you God......


don't worry vera things will get better.... every challenge is a stepping stone to greater heights....

King's kid

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@Vera, I hear you girl. A lot of things I wish I could undo or wish had happened to me this year, but alas its not so. But don't worry about where you thought you should have been as opposed to where you are. That you are alive and well to see another Christmas is something to give God glory about. It means you are already a winner!

And the beauty of new beginings is that God's Grace and Mercy is NEW EVERY MORNING, so you don't have to wait till January 1 2009 to step into your new begining, this morning when you wake up, guess what? You have already started a new begining!. Yes, yesterday is gone, and today has just begun. God is doing a new thing in your life each and every single day, so repent to remove the past and hold on to the promises of new beginings of the very moment. God is so awesomely merciful and loving that he gives us 2nd, 3rd, 4th and one million chances! :-)

So yes dear, your new begining starts this very morning when you wake up. See your cup as half full, because whatever you went through, you still learnt lessons from it, which has made you wiser and much stronger - that, still is increase!

Declare from today that you have stepped into your new begining and that from today onwards that you will Rise, Run and Reign in his strength, and glory in Jesus name. It is well dear... .xx

@Nne - yes we praise God.... !!!
Thank you Jesus for the opportunity and previledge to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ with all my family and friends. I love you tons Papa xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the birth of your son Jesus. Thank you Lord ofr giving me one of the most wonderful Christmas. Thank you for family, new friends and old friends. Thanks for putting a smile on my face today