Sunday 14 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 14

If you reside in Great Britain, London more especially, you would notice that for the past couple of days, it's been rain, rain, rain and more rain! Rain and cold... not a wonderful combination.

Making my way round, going about my daily business, I was almost about to start moaning about the train and the cold and for a moment I thought about the countries that are longing for this same rain to pour over their dry land! That soon put a stop to any potential moan or groan that was about to emerge.

So Father, today, I am thankful for the rain. Even though it's cold and wet and sometimes this makes it difficult to move around, I am thankful for the rain all the same.

I am thankful for rain because of it's importance to nature; growth of plants, feeding of animals, and water for us to drink.

I am thankful for rain / water, because it helps keep me clean, by using it to wash, bath, but it also reminds me of Ezekiel 36:25 which talks about water as a spiritual cleaning agent. It reads "Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleanness; and from all your idols will I cleanse you."

I am thankful for rain because if the rain does not fall the farmers cannot plough their lands and there will be no crops, and hence no food for man.

I am thankful for rain for if there was no rain we would have the experience of famine and hunger and animals dying as experienced when Elijah held the rain in 1 kings 17:1 and the effects are seen in 1 Kings 17:7, which reads "After a while the brook dried up because there was no rain in the land" and in 1 Kings 18:5 which reads "And Ahab said to Obadiah, Go into the land to all the fountains of water and to all the brooks; perhaps we may find grass to keep the horses and mules alive, that we lose none of the beasts"


I am thankful for rain for it reminds me of the beauty of Job 36:27-28, of how God makes rain so that we all benefit from it, spiritually and physically. It reads "27 He draws up the water vapor and then distills it into rain. 28The rain pours down from the clouds, and everyone benefits."


I am thankful for rain for it reminds me of the goodness of God which we see in Acts 14:17, which reads "but he never left them without evidence of himself and his goodness. For instance, he sends you rain and good crops and gives you food and joyful hearts.”

So dear Papa, I come to you today with my basket full of thanksgiving and praise for the rain, the showers of blessing you pour down in the right season and in the right amount.

Father, I pray my thanksgiving and praise is sweet smelling in thy sight. Be glorified and honored in my praises today, in Jesus Name.


BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION


WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?


I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters' feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.

Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by photobucket***

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Today am thankful for God's healing power working in my nephew...

Thank you Baba

King's kid

Anonymous said...

Thank you for mother nature. Give us the sense and will power to stop destroying her. Thank you Father for Animal Planet station that teaches me something new about your creations everyday.

Kemi

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the joy of laughter that is shared among us. At times it's just the best medicine!
Tx.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord for kind strangers..your angels in disguise..continue to bless them. And thanks for Songs of praise - another opportunity to sing your praises.