Monday 22 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 22

"Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth" 2Timothy 2:15


On Saturday, I attended the last workers meeting in my sanctuary and it was awesome. It's usually a meeting where we review our performance over the past year, challenged and renew our mandate to keep serving God - spiritually and physically. The atmosphere was awesome and I felt honored and privileged to be a worker, a servant for Jesus Christ. To be a worker for God, and for the advancement of his kingdom.

Today dear Papa, I am thankful for being a worker; a servant for you, to show the reality of who you are.

I am thankful for being a worker to the advancement of your kingdom helps me to follow the great commission Jesus Christ gave to us in Mathew 28:19 - 20, which reads "19Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

I am thankful for being your worker because it reminds me constantly that I MUST live the great commission before I can preach it. I cannot say to others what I don't do or don't know. People must see Christ in me and that will be my greatest testimony to others.

I am thankful for being a worker, your servant because it reminds me that as God loves me, I must love my fellow brethren. It reminds and helps me to continuously strive to live and walk in God, which means living and walking in Love, for God is love as described in 1 John 4:16, which reads "We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them".

I am thankful for being a worker, your servant because it helps me to be sensitive to the needs of people around me, making less selfish and the ability to share and embrace a giving nature, putting to practise what Jesus meant in Mark 2:17, which reads "Jesus, overhearing, shot back, "Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? I'm here inviting the sin-sick, not the spiritually-fit."

I am thankful for being a worker, your servant because it teaches me and helps me use the testimonies of God's love, greatness and faithfulness to teach others the difference between KNOWING God and knowing about God. This gives the reality of knowing God's voice as described in John 10:4-5, which reads "4 After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice. 5 They won’t follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don’t know his voice."

So today, dear Papa, I present my basket at your feet, overflowing with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise for being a diligent worker, your servant, because it actually benefits me as well as the person I am helping to live a godly life. It helps me to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, to share my victories and my testimonies of your greatness, faithfulness and love. It helps me to walk closely with you in love. It helps me to steadfastly walk in your will so that I continuously experience the reality of who you are and not just hear of you. For these and more I am eternally grateful.

Father, I pray my basket is sweet smelling and beautiful in thy sight. Be honored in my thanksgiving and praises this very day. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.


BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION


WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?


I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.
Much Love
Remi Banjo

***Pictures by Photobucket

6 Comments:

Zoe Believer said...

First...yes!

Zoe Believer said...

Father today I am grateful to you for the gift of life. I am grateful for all that you do and all that you continue to do. Less than 10 days and another year would have rolled by but you are faithful. Lord, I give you praise. Thank God for the priviledge of serving in His house. Better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere....may that be my tesimony. Sister Remi, keep praising..

Anonymous said...

Kemi is full of the joys of Christmas. Thank you Jesus.

adebanji said...

Inspirational- Working for God is a great opportunity. But I must confess, it is not easy to do God's work!

Anonymous said...

I am grateful that we are able to worship you Lord, unhindered, without fear of our lives, without persecution.

Help us to use this advantage and put our time and resources to your will.
Tx.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord for the ability to cook, always not really liked it but now I thank you for that gift! Thank you for hope and a much brighter future.