Sunday 21 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 21


It's almost Christmas and its that time of the year whereby lots of people go crazy on gifts and much more to family and friends, in hope of getting something back in return. But how about giving or doing something to someone who cannot repay you back?

Today, dear papa, I am thankful for the grace and ability to simply give. It takes the special grace of God to be a giver, and a cheerful one who will not expect anything back in return.

I am thankful for the ability to give cheerfully, living out the reality of 2 Corinthians 9:7 which reads "You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”

I am thankful for happiness and joy that I am blessed with when I give, giving me the reality of Acts 20:35, which reads "In everything I have pointed out to you [by example] that, by working diligently in this manner, we ought to assist the weak, being mindful of the words of the Lord Jesus, how He Himself said, It is more blessed (makes one happier and more to be envied) to give than to receive".

I am thankful for when I give, God gives back to me, full measure, pressed down and running over as confirmed in Luke 6:38, which reads "Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back."


I am thankful for the ability to give freely and cheerfully, because it teaches me not to trust in this world's riches, or its good, but in God and in good works, so that I can store up treasures in heaven as described in 1 Timothy 6:17-19 which reads "17 Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. 18 Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. 19 By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life."


I am thankful for when I give, it helps me to emulate the examples of you papa; how you gave the ultimate gift of your only son, to safe and redeem me so that I can have eternal life; John 3:16, which reads "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. "

So today Papa, I come to you with my thanksgiving overflowing with thanks and praise for the grace to give cheerfully. I am thankful for the realisation that I am blessed to be a blessing, thus give and share that which you have blessed me with.

I am thankful for when I give, I am blessed, filled with joy and elevated. I am thankful that when I give, it opens the pathway for someone to experience the reality of who you are, and who you could be for them.

I pray my box of thanksgiving wrapped up in praise is beautiful and sweet smelling in your sight, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.


Give the un-giveable
the unforgettable and unbelievable
Give the indescribable,
its truly never, regrettable!


BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION


WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?

I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.


Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by Photobucket***

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Today am thankful for being thankful.

That I can actually look at the year 2008 and count my blesssings is absolutely beautiful. They are people that God has blessed more than me but still see the things that did not happen..... NOT ME!

Father today I want to thank you for giving me a grateful heart.

I love you tons

King's kid

Anonymous said...

oh am first...... hehehehee


King's kid

seye said...

Amen!

Vera Ezimora said...

May God grant me the wisdom and cheerfulness to always give freely - especially during this time. Amen.

Anonymous said...

I am extremely grateful for the education I received, the upbringing I had and all natural talents my Father has bestowed on me. Lord, I pray I continue to use all of these according to your wish and desire.

Kemi

Anonymous said...

Today Lord, I am thankful for the wonderful Christmas carols that I can sing/croak freely! Thank you for keeping me warm inside and making me feel safe and secure and loved.