Friday 19 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 19


Today dear Papa, I am thankful for each and every Trial and Tribulation that I went through; the wilderness I ran, crawled, fought, swam, climbed, laughed and cried through; it gave me an opportunity to workout the very core and foundation of my faith and draw ever closer to you.

I am thankful because the experience thought me the true meaning of what Paul meant in 1Timothy 6:12, which reads "Fight the good fight of the faith; lay hold of the eternal life to which you were summoned and [for which] you confessed the good confession [of faith] before many witnesses".

I am thankful for the testimonies that have come out of my victories, for it will help someone gain their very own victory, giving them a testimony to help yet another person along the way.

I am thankful because the very road blocks the devil tried to put my way, the frustration he tried to put within my countenance, only reminded and affirmed to me that God is my source giving me the reality of Psalm 119:114, which reads "You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope."

I am thankful because I lived the reality of being victorious through Jesus Christ, giving me the beautiful reality of 1 Corinthians 15:56-57 which reads "For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ." In your face devil! Ah!

I am thankful because I lived out the promise of Psalm 34:19, which reads "Many evils confront the [consistently] righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all."

I am thankful because I can say with renewed affirmation that “I am happier, stronger and much more steadfast in my faith in the Lord, and that my joy is full – regardless my reality!

I am thankful because with that knowledge, I will forever hold on to my joy, which means, the devil cannot keep my goods. If he does, he will have to give it back seven folds. I’m pretty sure sooner or later, he would find out that’s its in his interest to stop stealing from me – because he will have to give it back!

So today, dear Papa, I come to you with my basket overflowing with thanksgiving for my the trials and tribulations I went through this year. The devil tried to frustrate me and steal my joy, but I am thankful that I held on to my faith, that I fought the good fight, that I have renewed assurance that you are indeed solid foundation, the pillar that holds my life, my source, my everything and my all!
Father, I pray my basket is beautiful and acceptable in your sight. Be glorified in my thanksgiving and honored in my praises today. In Jesus name I pray... Amen.


BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?


I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.

Much Love
Remi Banjo

***Pictures by Photobucket***

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Today am thankful for the people I have around me at work... From my managers to colleageus and everyone in #44 that I have meet since June. for all that fmake my job easy , difficult, fast, slow, meaningful, meaningless..... an Thankful

Thank you Father.

King's kid

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus for holidays. For giving me the means and opportunity to visit various parts of your wonderfully created world. Kemi

Anonymous said...

Today Lord, I am thankful for Fridays and all the joy and excitement the weekend brings