Sunday 28 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 28

But Samuel replied,
“What is more pleasing to the Lord:
your burnt offerings and sacrifices or
your obedience to his voice?
Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice,
and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.

1Samuel 15:22


Today dear Papa, I am thankful for teaching me this year, one step at a time to be obedient to you. I am thankful for the ever increasing spirit of obedient you are creating within me.

I am thankful for displaying obedience even in the most minute or remotely out fetched tasks, even when I don't understand why!

I am thankful for the growing obedience within me because it shows that I love you as explained in John 14: 15 which reads "If you [really] love Me, you will keep (obey) My commands."

I am thankful for growing and walking in obedience because when I do, God will show himself to me as confirmed in John 14:21, which reads "Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”

I am thankful for the spirit of obedience for when I obey the presence of the holy spirit is and will always be with me as confirmed in Acts 5:32, which reads "We are witnesses of these things and so is the Holy Spirit, who is given by God to those who obey him."

I am thankful for my obedience because when I do, I have confident assurance that I am able to ask and receive anything I ask or need from you Papa in Jesus name. As confirmed in

1 John 3:22, which reads "22 And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him."

I am thankful for growing in obedience because I know when I obey, father you bless me with earthly inheritance as confirmed in Deuteronomy 11: 8 - 9, which reads " 8 Therefore, be careful to obey every command I am giving you today, so you may have strength to go in and take over the land you are about to enter. 9 If you obey, you will enjoy a long life in the land the Lord swore to give to your ancestors and to you, their descendants—a land flowing with milk and honey!".

I am thankful for growing in obedience, for I know when I obey, father, you bless me with heavenly blessings as confirmed in Deuteronomy 11:13 - 14, which reads "If you carefully obey all the commands I am giving you today, and if you love the Lord your God and serve him with all your heart and soul, 14 then he will send the rains in their proper seasons—the early and late rains—so you can bring in your harvests of grain, new wine, and olive oil. "

So yes, Papa, today, I am thankful for installing within me the ever growing spirit of obedience to your word, to your will. I am thankful for obedience towards the seemingly little and insignificant things, to the large and significant.

I am thankful that every day, one step at a time, you move and refine me towards total obedience and understanding of your word.

Father, I place my basket overflowing with thanksgiving and praise at your feet, thanking you for bestowing upon me the spirit of obedience to your words, your will and your ways.

Papa, I pray my basket is presentable and sweet smelling in your presence. Be glorified in my thanksgiving and honoured in my praises this very day. In Jesus name I pray... Amen.


BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION


WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?



I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.


Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by Photobucket***

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

yipppeeeeeeeeee am first.

Today am thankful for the guy that helped me hold the bus today on my way to church. We may not see in this life again but I thank God for you being thare at the right time to be a blessing to me. God bless you.

Thank you Father.

Thanks

King's kid

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the basket that overflows, especially at Christmas time, and the ability to eat and enjoy my food!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord for giving me self control and curing me off my shopping addiction with all these sales going on around me.