Friday 19 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 20

Today, dear papa, I am thankful for knowing that my body is a temple and the grace to treat it as such; spiritually and physically.

I am thankful that because I am a temple of them most high God, his spirit dwells within me as explained in 1 Corinthians 3:16, which reads "Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you"

I am thankful for the knowledge of the importance of this temple and the grace to keep it in top condition, physically through exercise and healthy eating and spiritually by feeding it with the word of God and guarding what information I let take hold within my mind and sub-consciousness. By doing so I am making myself ready and available to do God’s work as Paul explains in 2 Timothy 2:21, which reads "21 If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work."

I am thankful for by God’s grace I am able to discipline my body, through prayer, fasting and physical work so that I can run my life race and run to win the price, as Paul explains and encourages us to do in 1 Corinthians 9:24 – 27, which reads "Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified."


I am thankful because being a temple of God means he lives in me, which means I have the assurance of sharing his glory, as explained in Colossians 1:27, which reads "For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory"


So, today dear Papa, today I am ever so thankful that I am your Temple. I am thankful for this knowledge. I am thankful for the grace and ability to look after this temple; physically and spiritually, making it a beautiful habitat for your constant dwelling.

I am thankful for being your temple, because it means that you live permanently in me, giving me the assurance that I will share your glory.

Father, I pray that my basket of thanksgiving and praise that I set at your feet in thankfulness to being your holy temple is acceptable and pleasing in your presence. Be glorified in my thanksgiving and be honored in my praise, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.





I build you a temple
that's honest, pure and true
I humble invite you in Lord
I pray you fill every room


I build you a temple
that'st honest, pure and true
shine your light through me Lord
Let your glory fill every single room



BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION


WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?


I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.


Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by Photobucket***

6 Comments:

Jennifer A. said...

First...great!!!

I am also thankful that in me, God has found a temple. In addition, I am thankful for the countless times He took my temple and washed me clean...time and time again...

Jennifer A. said...

Oh my goodness, it's almost Christmas...

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@Jaycee! lol.. I can almost hear and see your shock! lol.. did you actually just realise it's almost Christmas? Lol.. girl u so funny! still need to do shopping for my ma ooooh!

Anonymous said...

Going out this morning, I looked in the mirror and thought to myseelf... wow girl you are FINE!

Yup. today am thankful for God made me fabulous inside out. I have indeed been made wonderfully complex.

Thanks Baba

King's kid

Anonymous said...

Kemi is thankful for her beloved Sierra Leone.

Anonymous said...

Today I am thankful for a sister who leaves her end and drives over to mine so we can play our weekly session of badminton! I pray that one day she will be on time but I love her for the effort she makes so thank you Lord for my sister.