Monday 29 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 29

"6No, this is the kind of fasting I want:
Free those who are wrongly imprisoned;
lighten the burden of those who work for you.
Let the oppressed go free, and remove
the chains that bind people.
7 Share your food with the hungry,
and give shelter to the homeless.
Give clothes to those who need them, and
do not hide from relatives who need your help".

Isaiah 58: 6-7


Today Papa, I am thankful for the refreshing, yet strict discipline of the increased practise of FASTING in my life this year..

I am thankful for fasting has and continues to help me to take my focus of things of this world and focus on you, and in doing so, making me humble hence bringing me much closer to you, making 2 Chronicles 7:14 a reality. It reads "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. "

I am thankful for fasting for it helps to loose bonds of wickedness and release of un-forgiveness as described in Isaiah 58:6, which reads "[Rather] is not this the fast that I have chosen: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the bands of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every [enslaving] yoke?"

I am thankful for my increased discipline of fasting this year, for it has helped me to see who I really am within, has broth forth repentance and release from past and hidden hurt and grief.


I am thankful for fasting, for it reminds me to share my food with the hungry and give shelter to the homeless, as commanded in Isaiah 58:7, which reads "Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless."

I am thankful for fasting for it reminds me to give clothes to those who need then and be available to those who need my help, as commanded in Isaiah 58:8, which reads "Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help".

I am thankful for my increased fasting for it has given and continues to give me physical and spiritual benefits. During fasting my body has been healed physically from toxins and spiritually it has helped me slow down during my hectic lifestyle to hear and listen closely to God.


So, today dear Papa, I come to you with my basket overflowing in thanksgiving for my increased fasting and praying this year. I am thankful for encouraging and teaching me the in depth meaning and importance of fasting and praying, even when everything seemed perfect in the natural.

I am thankful for the relief I get through fasting. I am thankful for the breakthroughs, the blessings, the insight and wisdom you bestow upon me when I humble myself through fasting.

I am thankful that when I humble myself through fasting, you draw me nearer and closer to you.

Father, I pray that my basket of thanksgiving for fasting is acceptable in your sight today. Be glorified in my thanksgiving and honored in my praises today. In Jesus name I pray... Amen.


BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?


I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.


Much Love
Remi Banjo

***Pictures by Photobucket***

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord today, I am thankful for the gift of family. Lord I thank you for this confirms your word that you will set the solitary in families. I thank you for the love that binds us together. Though we may encounter conflict, I thank you for the comfort of knowing no matter what, they will always love me and set time aside to be with me. Lord I am also thankful for the wonderful friends who reach out by phone, text and email. My life is truly blessed because of all of them.

OmoS

Straight from the heart said...

Well done girl, I am thankful for the strenght God gave you to put this up, indeed your cup will flow to overflow in 2009.
Debbie from Sunny Mauritus!

Zoe Believer said...

Father I thank you for today o and for hope. Thank you that because of who you are I can still hope for those expectations that are yet to manifest.
Thank you Father for the grace not to be jealous of debbie in sunny mauritius when the weather is so cold here!!Lol! Also for the grace not to be angry at OmoS for taking the coveted first comment position...

Jennifer A. said...

I am extremely thankful for the lessons I have learned this year, and for God's grace to enter the year 2009. I didn't deserve His mercy and grace, but He gave them to me anyways.

Anonymous said...

Today am thankful for seeing the last Monday of 2008. The fact that I woke up .. albeit grudgingly to come to work gives me course to rejoice. Many started this year in jobs but are at home jobless due to the current global crisis. But in the midst of all these crisis You gave me a permanent job.

Father am grateful to you for your favour. Billion kisses!!!!!

King's kid.

Vera Ezimora said...

I am thankful for God's mercies and His faithfulness. He is faithful even when I am not. For this, I am thankful.

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@ OmoS... welcome baaaaack. I love you too, you are a wonderful friend who loves me - craziness and all! :-)))

@Debbie - thanks luv, but ah I will not be jealous, I will not be jealous 0 (chanting to myself!) lol. ah sunny Mauritus.. kai, if you know how cold it is here eh? You had better bring the sun back with you, otherwise I'm putting you back on the plane :-) miss you loads.

@Believer - you are too funny girl lol. No we will not be jealous of Debbie or Omos oh... :-) Hope you are good. Keep up with the posting. God is looking and taking a huge notice - besides I love the prayers. x

@awe Amen.. such is God's love. And yes, we do seem to be on the same wavelength or plain! :-)

@Kings Kid.. what can I say? That is one of the fringe benefits of living in God's economy. There is no lack and nothing like recession at all! It's increase all the way!

@That is the beauty of who God is... He is a faithful God, through and through. Hope you're doing good girl. x

Anonymous said...

Lord thank you for my day off and for the wonderful time spent with my sister!