Sunday 7 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 8




Romans 8:28 reads "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose"

Imagine this conversation:

God: Remi my child, good morning, what would you like to do today? There is a show going on down East heaven lane, would you like to go and see that?

Remi: Thank you papa, but no. Today I would like to do something really, really fun!

God: And what is that my child

Remi: Today, papa I would like to go shoe shopping!!!

God: Laughs... I knew that was coming. Okay you know what to do. Have a wonderful time and come and show me what you got.

Remi: Thank you papa, you are the best and I will. Then I proceed to shout a command – Shoe, shoe shops... be there

And just like that, there was a huge mall of shoes, and shoes and more shoes… bliss!

Well, that’s the type of activities I dream I would get up to when I get to heaven, and an introduction to what I am thankful for today.

Today, dear papa, I am thankful for my love of shoes. Yes, you read that right. Sounds silly right? Well, let me explain why I am thankful.

I am thankful for my love of shoes because of ALL the lessons I have learnt from shoes., Lessons such as being appreciative and the importance of making sure I stay within the realms of Gods Will, that I learnt from my PINK JELLY SHOES !! Remember that post?

And the lessons of patience I learnt when I bought these beauties right here. I waited 6 months for these shoes! Yes you read that right! All the while God was teaching me the essence and meaning of what it means to have patience, as you see, impatience was one of my major problems, but through these shoes right here, I got my breakthrough from impatience. He does work everything together for our good.

I am also thankful to my love of shoes because of the friendships and relationships I have built around shoe conversations. Its amazing what a conversations a beautiful pair of shoes can conjure up, even leading to an individual giving their life to Christ. I have also been known to drag quite a few friends around with me on my shoe shopping hunts and the bi-product has been a stronger friendship, for whilst resting in between shoe hunting, we have shared laughter, tears and much more.

So see, it does not read so silly after all, and God does work everything we do, for our good.

So today, dear papa, I place my basket of thanksgiving at thy feet, wrapped up in praise, thankful for my love of shoes, more so for the lessons you have taught me through them. Lessons such as patience, of being thankful and of love. I am also thankful for the relationships I have acquired and build through them.

Lord I pray my basket of thanksgiving presents a sweet smelling fragrance in thy sight. Be glorified and honored this very day.


BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION


WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?


I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters' feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.


Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by photobucket***

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess there's no need to feel guilty about my love of shoes and the number I have! Hoorya!

On a serious note though, today I am thankful for the joy of the Lord. Though I may not always be a happy bunny, I am thankful becuase I have joy on Him. I am thankful for all that he has done, and more importantly hopeful and joyous for all that he is yet to do...... that is why I praise him this wonderful cold morning.

OmoS

Straight from the heart said...

Ah! ah! I fell down laughing. This makes a refreshing break from my books.
I am thankful for my love for vintage clothes and bag! Yes, I like those quaky things that no one else's got. On Saturday night I attended a home shopping event for vintage wares. I was the first to get there and by the time everyone else turned up I had selected almost everything! you can just imagine the look on their faces. Father I thank you for my taste which is different from everybody else and my unique sense of style cos' I am fearfully and wonderfully made..... Thank You Lord

Anonymous said...

l-o-v-e this post!

Just Helpful TidBits said...

I'm grateful to God for giving me good taste in shoes also.
But most of all im very grateful that I am well and healthy and possess 2 fine legs and feet... Im feeling a pedicure and manicure coming on... gonna look after my assets L-O-L!

LadyShola

Anonymous said...

Kemi is thankful for good food. My Father in Heaven knows how much I love my food. I am also thankful that He gave me the cooking talent. It's a lot cheaper to maintain my hobby at home than eating out every night. I am thankful that he has given me the courage to try everything once, and I am yet to find anything I am allergic too. Some people have sensitive stomachs and cannot eat too much of this or that. Or if they eat after a certain time, cannot digest it properly etc. So Lord even if the side effect of having this habit is love handles, I am still grateful for my love of food and the chance to enjoy this love.

Anonymous said...

I thank the Lord for his support in handling those everyday things in life, for giving me patience to deal with the everyday trials & tribulations. I am thankful for God for his ordering of my steps and not putting me in situations I cannot handle. I pray to use every situation to glorify his name.
T.