Friday 26 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 26


Today dear Papa, I am thankful for the parents you have so wonderfully blessed me with. I am thankful for my mum and dad.

I am thankful that they are alive and well and I was able to spend yet another wonderful Christmas with them, and by your grace I pray many more to come.

I am thankful for my parents because despite all the trials and tribulations they have had concerning their health this year, they are still here, but not just here, they are well and healthy to see yet another Christmas day.

I am thankful for my parents because of their selfless love towards me, even when I am being disciplined for behaving quite badly (I gave them quite a few hair raising moments when I was growing up - to say the least!), they disciplined because they loved me. It reminds me of Hebrews 12:6, which reads "6For the Lord corrects and disciplines everyone whom He loves, and He punishes, even scourges, every son whom He accepts and welcomes to His heart and cherishes".

I am thankful that my parents are still here and make it easy for me to live according to the instructions of Ephesians 6:2-3, which reads "2Honor (esteem and value as precious) your father and your mother--this is the first commandment with a promise. 3That all may be well with you and that you may live long on the earth".

I am thankful because, this year, I have had yet another chance to fall in love with my parents all over again. It's a blessing to see them well, healthy, secure, safe, and see the depth of love they have for me - it's awesome. Makes me think and imagine the depth and width of God's love for me. It makes me think of Isaiah 49:16, which reads "Behold, I have indelibly imprinted (tattooed a picture of) you on the palm of each of My hands; [O Zion] your walls are continually before Me".

So today, dear Papa, I come to you with my basket overflowing with thanksgiving, presented at your feet in praise, for the parents you have blessed me with. I am thankful for my mum and Dad.

Father, I am thankful that they are still here to share my ups and downs with. I am thankful that I was able to share yet another Christmas with them, and by your grace, many more to come.

I am thankful that this year, you gave me yet another wonderful chance to fall in love with them all over again; healing past hurt and pains.

Father I pray my basket is sweet smelling and presentable in your sight. Be honoured in my thanksgiving and gloried in my praises this very day, in Jesus name I pray. AMEN!



BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION


WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?



I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.


Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by Photobucket***

4 Comments:

olusimeon said...

Lord , I want to thank you for my parents..and everymember of my family..that we are alive and together..not in prison or hospital...you know my faults and failings..but you loved me still and have not stopped blessing me..
thank you father....

Straight from the heart said...

I am thankful for family and lovely friends God has placed in my life, friends who have become families. Friends like you Remi.

Love you Lots.

Anonymous said...

Today am thankful for my FUTURE.... its so bright I need me some sunglasses.....

wink! wink!!

King's kid

Anonymous said...

Still smiling Lord, thank you. Thank you Lord for all my friends who continue to show me love and support all the time.