Tuesday 16 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 16

Today dear father, I am thankful for the best mentor and teacher of all times... The Holy Spirit; your spirit.

I am thankful because he teaches me all things about you and myself as described in John 14:26 which reads "But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you."

I am thankful for the Holy spirit, your spirit because he guides me in the ways and things of you, making John 16:13 my reality. It reads "When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. "

I am thankful for the Holy Spirit, your spirit because he Prays for me! How awesome is that!!! This year, when I couldn't find the words to speak (and there quite a few times, might I add) or when my heart had been too grieved to string a sentence together to you daddy, the Holy spirit, your spirit, intercedes on my behalf; making Romans 8: 26-27 my sweet reality. It reads "And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. 27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers[a] in harmony with God’s own will."

I am thankful for the Holy spirit, your spirit because he gives me gifts; gifts such as the ability to write, talk, do what I do at work, at home and more. But I am thankful more for the biggest gift of all, which is the gift of the Immanuel factor - "God- with-us" and to phrase to me, "God-with-me" --- the gift of Jesus Christ!

So today, dear Papa, with a thankful heart and praise on my lips, I lay my basket full of thanksgiving at thy feet, and thank you for your wonderful and most precious gift of the Holy Spirit, your spirit, the gift of Jesus Christ.

Lord, I am thankful that because of your gift, you are always with me; teaching me, guiding me, scolding me when I am wrong and disobedient and helping me to walk on the right path, keeping me within the realms of your will. Father, I pray this is a sweet smelling sacrifice in thy sight. Be glorified in my thanksgiving and honored in my praises today, in Jesus name. Amen.

The day I gave my life to Christ
A helper Jesus placed in my life
He dwells within the walls of my heart
Never leaves or departs.

A helper papa sent my way
guiding my footsteps each and every day
anchoring me within his will
making him famous along the way


BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?


I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters' feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.


Much Love
Remi Banjo

***Pictures by photobucket***

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful I made it here before OmoS. Thank you Father all that you have provided for me in this life time. A house to live in, a car to get me from A to B, a family who supports, cares and loves me, friends who are there for me, a Church that provides me with a chance to worship with other Christians, and a job that allows me to contribute to your work and that I enjoy. I look forward to the future that you have planned for me.

Love
Kemi

Truth said...

I am thankful for the helper He sent to me,whenever i am helpless, He is always there leading me on. I am thankfull for the counselor He sent here to give me the needed counsel i always need. I am thankful for the comforter He sent to me. When i am very down and there seems to be nobody who understand me nor my situation, He parts me at the back with His gentle tourch and make me feel His presence. Thank you Papa God for your spirit.

Straight from the heart said...

I thank God for the promise of abundant life here on earth and in heaven. Thinking about it gives me reason to want to praise and serve him more.
Thanks Father.

Anonymous said...

I thank God for love itself, the promise, the hint, the scent and the touch of love...