Wednesday 31 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 31...WE MADE IT!!!


Drum roll please.... bam, bam, bam, bam...

By God's grace we have made it to today, 31 December 2008!. But still, it is not over, until you win your race. Expand your heart, minds, spirits and increase your expectation. Keep working in earnest for a second before the clock strikes midnight, is more than enough for God to do that which you have been praying and hoping for. He is faithful!

Without much ado... Today Wonderful counselor, king of Kings, Lord of Lords, my maker, the Alpha and Omega, the all present, all knowing, ever loving, ever faithful, ever blessing, incredible and wonderful Victorious one... I am thankful for this very day, for seeing yet another 31st day of December! All glory to you father, for it is not my doing, it is only by your power and grace!

I am thankful for this blog - A day in God's will". For the privilege and the push towards obedience to put up this 31 days of thanksgiving and praise; giving everyone the outlet to sing your praises, for all you have done, are doing and are still going to do, with and through them. I am thankful for the testimonies that have come out of thanking and praising you and the lives that have been changed as a result of it. Be glorified!

I am thankful that this year, despite all my stumbling, fumbling and time wasting; you still saw it fit to forgive me, elevate me, expand my territory, and still use me for your glory; even at times when I grumbled all the way through! Amazing.

I thank you for all the scolding you gave me along the way too. Oh yes, I am thankful for the rebuking, and the telling me off. It was definitely for my own good! For you correct those you love. Scolding me, tells and shows me that you love me, and it also brings Proverbs 3: 11-12 to reality. It reads "11 My child, don’t reject the Lord’s discipline, and don’t be upset when he corrects you. 12 For the Lord corrects those he loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights".

I am thankful that you have seen not just me through another year, but my friends, my families (near and far, and even across the Internet, on blogsville!). Even though the devil tried to mess with us through sickness, joblessness; trying to steal our Joy every single possible way he could, I am thankful for we have the upper hand, you gave us the victory and we declared and proclaimed it, singing your praises all the way through. You made 1 Corinthians 15:56 -57 our sweet reality!. It reads "56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ".

I am thankful that I can look around me and each and every single one of us! By your grace we are still here, breathing, talking, in good health and wealth and able to still declare your glory and sing your praise all day long! I thank you with every single fiber of my being.


I am thankful for all the trials and tribulations that I have gone through this year! Oh yes, I am thankful for them. The devil tried to frustrate me, but on reflection, the experience only made me stronger, wiser, smarter, more diligent, resourceful and more determined to win and finish this race you have set before me! I lived out in its entirely, the reality of James 1: 2- 4, which reads "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." The devil is in so much trouble, come 2009!

I am thankful for all the things the thief, the devil stole from me - Yes you read that right! Why? Well because now, he has to give it back to me MINIMUM, SEVEN FOLD, as confirmed in Proverbs 6:30 - 31, which reads "30 Excuses might be found for a thief who steals because he is starving. 31 But if he is caught, he must pay back seven times what he stole, even if he has to sell everything in his house. Now isn't that something? He tried, but he could not steal my joy, so guess what? He cannot keep my goods. Soon enough he will learn to stop stealing from me, because it will only cost him more than he bargained for!

I am thankful for adayingodswill Christmas gifts - the creative spirit, the ability, the obedience, the resources, the help I had from my wonderful friends, the sleepless nights that went into getting them ready and the distribution. I know someone somewhere will be reconciled back to you because of them!

I am thankful for you are preparing me for the things to come even before the end of this day, the end of 2008, and my "fulfilment and walking in my destiny" year of 2009.

I am thankful for my future is bright - like Kings kid said a while back "I will need designer sun-glasses to handle the glare"!

I am thankful for your promises to me this year has indeed been Yes and Amen. A splendid reality of 2 Corinthians 1:20 , which reads "For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us".

I am thankful that the gates of my heart is enlarged, my lifestyle and priorities have been re-arranged and aligned to make room for you and that my expectations has no limits!

I am thankful that "there are no impossibilities within my realities" this year and indeed in 2009 and years after that!

I am thankful that by your grace, you continue to gear me up in readiness to Rise, Run and Reign in you wisdom, strength and power; for the advancement of your kingdom and all for glory!

Finally, I am thankful that I don't know how to end this 31 Days of Thanksgiving and Praise! This is because thanking and praising you never has to end. It should be part of our daily fellowship and friendship with you. So I declare I will thank and praise you every single day of 2009, regardless my immediate reality, making you famous as I do so.

On that note, my God and king, my maker, the lifter of my head, my hope, my peace, my joy, the my source, my everything and my ALL; I come to you dancing (electric slide, break-dancing, running man and all), singing, clapping, singing your praises, with my basket OVERFLOWING with THANK YOUs, for seeing me through this year.

I am thankful for your grace has been more than sufficient, your protection over my life and every single thing that concerns me has been amazing.

I am thankful that I HAVE FINISHED STRONG AND BY YOUR GRACE WILL START WELL IN 2009, in JESUS NAME! Amen.

I thank you for boundless expectation of what is to come by the end of today and in 2009!

I'm off to get my sun-glasses, my future is definitely golden...

WHAT ABOUT YOU FOLKS? HERE IS YOUR INVITATION

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR TODAY,

THE VERY LAST DAY OF 2008?


I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters' feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.

I pray that your New Year 2009 is
wonderful, glorious and prosperous
I pray that by God in his grace and never-ending
mercy keeps you safe and uses you for his glory
encourage you to embrace a positive attitude of
"I can", "I shall" and "I will"
as you step into the New Year,
holding on firmly to God's promises;
walking and working within the realms of his will,
and in so doing, making the King of Kings and
the Lord of Lords famous in 2009, along the way

See you all in January!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by photobucket***

3 Comments:

Truth said...

Praise God indeed we made it. I key into all the thanksgiving and thank God and you for making us appreciate all He has done for use through your blog.Thank you father for your daughter's time, wisdom and the ability to put here for as many that came across were able to give you all their praises because You have indeed inhabited them And as our praises have gone up, so all His blessings are raining down on us right now. PRAISE BE TO GOD Happy new year.

Anonymous said...

Yes Lord, thank you for all you have done for us this year and will continue to do for us next year. What you have started in us this year will next year yield fruit, not just ordinary fruit but some sweet smelling and tasting, organic wonderful fruit so our lights can shine as a beacon for your great works to the rest of the world.Thank you for our wonderful sister Remi, bless her till her cup overfloweth.

Anonymous said...

Praise Goe We made it........
Thank God for the opprtunity to give thanks through this blog.... The best blog and blogger in the WORLD....... love u
looking forward to 2009 countdown...

King's kid