Saturday 13 December 2008

31 Days Thanksgiving and Praise - Day 13

A while ago I read the familiar verse of Isaiah 43:18-19, but with renewed understanding. It reads 18“But forget all that it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. 19 For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.


It is the renewed understanding of this verse that has helped me through the mountains of trials and tribulations I have gone through this year.

And yesterday evening, I read this verse on a Believer's Blog and thought, Papa, I am thankful for Isaiah 43:18 - 19

Yes, dear Papa, I am thankful for this verse, these words that has kept me on the right path, even when my immediate reality was contrary to the dream in my heart.

I am thankful for this year, it has been this verse that has kept me going; despite my immediate reality, I am assured that you are constantly doing a new thing, even when I could not see it with my eyes.

I am thankful for this verse encourages me see the good in every single situation or circumstance I have found myself in this year - Good or bad. It makes me see your hand at work, even whilst in trials and tribulations, whilst walking through various wilderness, because I know that you are working everything together for my good because of your love for me.

I am thankful because this verse assures me that what God has planed for my future is nothing compared to what he has done for, with and through me in the past.

I am thankful because this verse that despite the miracles God has performed in the past, what he has in store for me in future is nothing compared.

So today dear papa, I come to you today with my basket full of thanksgiving, wrapped up on praise with thanks for the very verse you have given me to be my constant reminder of what you are doing with, through and for me; for your glory.

I am thankful for this very verse which reminds me constantly that you are working on my behalf.

I am thankful for this very verse which gives me confidence whenever I get down or start to get frustrated with my immediate reality.

Father, I pray my basket of thanksgiving is sweet smelling and wonderful in thy sight. Be glorified in my thanksgiving and honored in my praises in Jesus name. Amen


BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, HERE IS YOUR INVITATION


WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?

I invite you to present your basket filled with thanksgiving, wrapped up in praise at the masters' feet today; making him famous as you glorify his holy name.

Much Love
Remi Banjo
***Pictures by photobucket***

4 Comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Only God can create rivers in a dry waste land...lol.

I thank Him for doing just that in my life...

(Finally doing my blog rounds today, ecstatic!)

Jennifer A. said...

And....drum rolls.....1st! (and 2nd)

Anonymous said...

Thank God for my afro hair, thank God I had the energy to spend over 9 hrs taking out braids, cooking, playing with son, shopping, doing the laundry and socializing with friends all in one weekend. Roll on this weekend.

Kemi

Anonymous said...

Today Lord I am thankful for the way you created me..lol...I know I dont always appreciate it and I complain and moan about it but I finally see the beauty that is me..