Thursday 10 December 2009

31 Days Thanksgiving & Praise - DAY 10




You will be made rich in every way so that
you can be generous on every occasion, and
through us your generosity will
result in thanksgiving to God.
2 Corinthians 9:11: 11


I thank you Father for the precious gift of another day to give you the glory, honor and praise. I thank you for another day to thank you for what you have done, are doing and the plans of a good future and hope that you have for me.

Yesterday was a busy day at work for me, deadlines all over the place. I was joking with a colleague and asked why they call these time lines 'deadlines'. If the lines are dead why do they want us to revive it? Why it is not called 'Live Lines'? We pondered and had a good belly laugh.

However, on my way home yesterday and this morning as I prepared to go to work, I realised that despite all the ‘dead or live lines’ it is not a bad place to go into everyday to work. It is not a bad place to continuously practice the spirit of excellence and diligence.

Papa, today I say a big THANK YOU for my current work assignment and where I work. I am thankful because the location is not too far from home, church or the other places I need to be at.
I am thankful for the work I do because it reminds me that I am a 'solution implementer' and not an addition to the problem. I am thaankful because with your wisdom, I will do a good job and make an impact.

I am thankful because I have met some wonderful people who I know will be in my life for a long time to come.

I am thankful for the tremendous favour you have caused me to have with my colleagues and bosses. It does make my work easier and brings peace. You have made Job 10:12 my reality... "You have ganted me life and favor, and your providence has preserved my spirit".

I am thankful because it is profitable for me to work as your word declares in Proverbs 14:23 “All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.”

I am thankful because even when people try to intimidate me or if the work seems daunting, you are always there to strengthened my hands “Nehemiah 6:9 "They were all trying to frighten us, thinking, "Their hands will get too weak for the work, and it will not be completed." But I prayed, "Now strengthen my hands."

I am thankful because on this assignment you have given and shown me quite a lot of opportunities and I pray that you continue to hold me by the hand and grant me wisdom help to develop them as you want me to and use them for your glory.

I am thankful that in this assignment you are teaching me how to work for you and not for man as you encourage in Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men”.

So today dear Papa, I am thankful for my work assignment, where I work and the people that I work with. I am thankful for your wisdom that helps me to do the work effectively. I am thankful for the favour you have given me, with my bosses and my colleagues.

Father, I place my basket of thanksgiving and praise at your feet and I pray that it is sweet smelling and acceptable in your presence this very day.

Be glorified, honored and praised, in the name of Jesus Christ, I Praise, Thanks and Pray. Amen




BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, WHAT ARE YOU
THANKFUL TO GOD FOR TODAY?




Much Love, Remi
***pictures by photobucket***

5 Comments:

jhazmyn said...

I thank you too Father for my work...the challenges there have made me grow , i know sometimes i whine about the stress n all, but thats just the baby in me..lol.

Thank you for the opportunity to grow

Rita said...

"it is not a bad place to go into everyday to work..."
This suddenly made me realize how much of a blessing my job is. Why wont I be thankful for that?

Myne said...

Thank you Lord God for giving me the talent and creativity to keep me going during this break from my usual work.

Ifeoluwa said...

Thank you God for my new church home.I know you have a purpose for it. I am growing a lot. It was very difficult for me to leave my comfort zone and every thing familiar, so my small brain did its own thing for several months, one foot here, one foot there. So Sorry:( I am glad you kept nudging and Thank you for the grace to fully obey.
I believe your word," the steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord"

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@ all, wonderful thanksgiving to the good and perfect God that is our father. I know He is reading and listening and He is glorified.
Dear Lord, I pray that the offering of thanksgiving and praises of your children is acceptable to you this very day in the mighty name of Jesus. We thank you for all that you have done, doing and the future plans you have for us. We thank you for the hope we have in you. Long may our praises and thanksgiving to you continue in the mighty name of Jesus, we Thanks, Praise and Pray... AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!