Monday 7 December 2009

31 Days Thanksgiving & Praise - DAY 7


"O Lord, what a variety of things you have made!
In wisdom you have made them all.The earth is
full of your creatures. Here is the ocean,
vast and wide, teeming with life of
every kind, both large and small."
Psalm 104:24-25


Thank you Father for another day to give you praise, glory and honor. I thank you for another day to declare you as my king, and marvel at the beauty of this earth you created.

Today Papa, I am thankful for the privilege to visualise and experience the wonders of the works of your hands.

Yesterday, after church a friend and I were making our way home. If you reside in England, United Kingdom, you would know that the weather is cold, wet and very grey at the moment. However, yesterday the sun was out, but it was still cold.

We walked along and then thought, the sun is out, but yet we feel like we are in a giant refrigerator! Then my friend said, "do you know the sun did not get any colder, this is the same sun that was in the sky during the hot summer days of June!" That made us think some more, and we pondered "well, the sun did not get any colder, its still as hot as ever, yet the atmosphere is colder and the sun by the way has not melted!" lol.

We pondered some more and all we could utter was. "Wow, God is an awesome God, the works of His hands are next to none". Nehemiah 9:6 explains our 'WOW' moment much better, it reads “You alone are the Lord. You made the skies and the heavens and all the stars. You made the earth and the seas and everything in them. You preserve them all, and the angels of heaven worship you."

I am thankful because if you can make the sun shine as hot as ever, yet the atmosphere around it as cold as ice, however still creating the perfect atmosphere... then I am confident that in my life, you can work everything together for a perfect atmosphere, work everything together for my good. In the midst of a storm, you are more than capable of creating perfect atmosphere for me to dwell saftely in.
I am thankful because, if you can make the heavens and the earth in 6 days, what problems do I have that you cannot solve? selah!

I am thankful because if you can create not just the sun and moon, but tell them to come out in their right time and season, then I don't have anything to worry about. You will make every part of my life perfect in its right time and season.

I am thankful because if you can create everything in heaven and on this earth to work and live in harmony with each other then I don't have to be worried about lack of harmony in any part of my life. You will make everything about me flow in perfect harmony.

So today dear Papa today, I say a big thank you for the privilege to experience the wonderful works of your hands. I thank you that you have created beauty for me to admire and revel in everyday. I thank you for the air, the mountains, the sands, the seas, the forests, the sky, the clouds, the starts, the birds, the fish, the different types of animals and much more. I marvel at the works of your hands my father. Your creativity is next to none.

I pray that my basket of thanksgiving that I place at your feet today, is sweet smelling and acceptable in your presence today. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray, thanks and praise. Amen





BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, WHAT ARE YOU
THANKFUL TO GOD FOR TODAY?


Much Love, Remi
***pictures by google***

4 Comments:

Anna Renee said...

Im thankful that as a shy reclusive person, I have made a lot of blogger friends! A first step in being able to open up without fear! Thanks to God for this strange, exciting medium of the blogosphere!

Tolulope Popoola said...

I too sometimes wonder at the "cold" sun in winter!

I'm thankful for my life, my health, my husband and my family and God's tremendous love that He shows me everyday.

Ifeoluwa said...

What a mighty God we serve!


Thank you for my health, wisdom to complete my project efficiently.

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@all, wonderful thanksgiving and praise to God.

Father, please accept the thanksgiving and praise of your children this very day. I pray that it is acceptable and sweet smelling in your sight today in the mighty name of Jesus.

Keep the praise coming people... Much Love x