Sunday 6 December 2009

31 Days Thanksgiving & Praise - DAY 6


"Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."
Proverbs 30:5

Dear Lord, I thank you for the gift of another day to be called your own, to praise, worship, declare your majesty and your faithfulness. Thank you for joy, peace and love. Thank you for your promises, that resides within the collection of personal letters you have written to each and every one of us.

Today dear Papa, I am thankful for the gift of your Word, the gift of you, THE BIBLE.

I am thankful for the Bible because, it is the BOOK OF LIFE. It is about life that Jesus Christ came to give to me. Without His coming I would still be dead in sin and lost!. John 14:6 explains it clearly "Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me"

I am thankful for the Bible because the Word is YOU. You speak to me, guide, love and teach me the way that I should go. In John 1:1 you tell me this so clearly, it reads "John 1:1, "IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God [b]Himself"

I am thankful because your word, even though written a long time ago, is relevant to every single part of my life today and it will be relevant tomorrow and forevermore. As the word is you, it brings to life the reality of who you are... 'THE I AM' the continuous present one. You are not the I was, or I am going to be, you are I AM! You explain this to me clearly in Exodus 3:14a "And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE...".

You see even when 'YOU WILL' be what 'YOU WILL BE', it will be that you are the 'I AM' at that moment in time! ha! You show the continuous relevance of your word, of who you are to me every single day! I can testify!


I am thankful because your word has an answer to every single question or situation I could ever have or conjure up! Opening your word is like walking into a personified library, a road map of history, parables, law, codes of behaviour, prayer, sermons, letters and even poetry. (I should really pen some more poems, just for your pleasure papa).


I am thankful for the Bible because it brings me closer to you, it reveals the (with the help of the wonderful teacher Holy Spirit) deeper meaning and understanding of your Will for my life. Through your word, I am learning to know what my master wants, so that I can do that all he says I should do, in willingness and obedience - so that I will eat the good of this land!


I am thankful that indeed, every word written therein is truly flawless, and therefore I have hope and trust in your word, which means I have hope and trust in you!. This hope brings the gifts of your blessings upon my life, as declared in Jeremiah 17:7, which reads "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD."

So today, dear Papa, I say a big, massive, thunderous THANK YOU for THE BIBLE, YOUR WORD, WHICH IS YOU! I thank you for the gift of your words which gives hope, joy, peace and most of all life to my very soul.

Papa, I pray that my basket of thanksgiving and praise is acceptable and sweet smelling in your sight today. Be glorified, honored and praised, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ I thanks, pray and praise. Amen!!



BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, WHAT ARE YOU
THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR TODAY?




Much Love, Remi
***pictures by google and photobucket***

6 Comments:

Femme Lounge said...

"I am thankful because your word has an answer to every single question or situation I could ever have or conjure up!" - very true!

David C Brown said...

We thank Thee, Father, for the love
That gave our souls a home above.

Anonymous said...

I thank you because you are a revealer of secrets. You watch over me and keep me from harm

ifeoluwa said...

I thank you because you are a revealer of secrets. You watch over me and keep me from harm

Zoe Believer said...

Thank you for your word o Lord, thank you because it has been a place of comfort, an arsenal of weapons against the darts of the enemy, a place of encouragement, a place of equipping myself for the next level most importantly it has been a love letter to me, telling me the strong love you have for me. I love you Lord, Sis Rem keep the praise on!

Myne said...

I'm really thankful for His word, which is the lamp that keeps my feet going.