Wednesday 16 December 2009

31 Days Thanksgiving & Praise - DAY 16


Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every
way and [that your body] may keep well, even
as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers
3 John 1:2


Thank you father for another day to give you glory honor and praise. I thank you for another day to be all that I can and should be for your glory. I thank you for another day and opportunity to work and look after my body, your temple, like I should.


Yesterday, a friend and I went to the gym and had a fabulous time in a couple of group exercise classes. We had a great time trying to co-ordinate ourselves in a particular class and it was hilarious. We had fun, but we had an extremely good workout too. I look forward to going back this evening for some more.


Dear Papa, today, I am thankful for the opportunity and wisdom to look after my body, your holy temple, the way that I should. It is not an easy task, but I am learning daily and I thank you.
I am thankful for the ability to go to one of the best gyms around where I live. I am thankful for blessing me with the resources to afford it, the zeal to want to exercise, and the energy to do so when I am there. I am thankful for the people I have met and the friends I have made whilst in the gym.

I am thankful for because I usually I get two workouts for the price of one - one physical and one spiritual - listening to messages and the audio bible, especially during my early morning workouts. I thank you Father. Many things you have explained and revealed to me whilst I was puffing away on the treadmill.
Like the post IN GOD'S IMAGE and LESSONS FROM WALL CLIMBING. *Smile*

I am thankful because the exercise I undertake is beneficial to my body, spirit and mind and helps me to keep my sweet tooth in check. *smile*.

I am thankful because looking after my body means that I do my part to live out the reality of Ephesians 5:29, “After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church…”


I am thankful for the ability to glorify you by looking after my body through exercise and healthy eating as you encourage me to in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."


So today Papa, I am thankful for the wisdom, ability you have given me to look after my body, your holy temple. I am thankful for the provision of the gym, and my energy to exercise. I am thankful that this wisdom and knowledge and opportunities, for it does help to keep me away from laziness and gluttony.


Father, I pray that my basket of thanksgiving and praise is acceptable and sweet smelling in your presence today, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ I praise, thanks and praise. Amen.





BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, WHAT ARE
YOU THANKFUL TO GOD FOR TODAY?




Much Love, Remi
***pictures by photobucket***

4 Comments:

Abi Ademoyero said...

Lord I am thankfull for all you have done for me from the beginning of 2009 till date and all you will do within the remaining days of the year. This month mark another year in my sojourn in the UK. When I look back, you have made impossibilities possibilities. Father, I cannot help but bow in awe of you. Where do I begin from, is it my education, job, MY OWN MAN, our marriage, our precious miracle daughter, our HOME or the gift of LIFE. God I am just so grateful for your love, protection and provision over us. It is not by my power or might, God I give you all the praise. In addition, next month 1st of Jan, I will be a year older. God I am thanking you in advance for all you will do in 2010.

David C Brown said...

I thank Thee Thou has given me
The body I can offer Thee.

Romans 12: 1

Ifeoluwa said...

I thank you for strength. The joy of the Lord is my strength.

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@ all, thank you for the praise comments. Father Lord, hear the praise and thanksgiving of your children this very day. I pray that it is acceptable in your presence. May we have many more years to praise, glorify and give thanks to you. In the mighty name of Jesus we all praise, thanks and Pray. Amen.

Keep the praises coming people...keep it coming...

Much love x